Forum Discussion

9 years ago

New Building Skins

I don't have multiple Krusty Burgers so I can't test it, but couldn't you just switch the Krusty Burgers so your Halloween one is where you want?
  • Only the "primary" KBurger or KEM gets the skin.
    When you buy the first building of each type (with the character), it's a different "building" to the others after (which you can have multiples of). If you store the primary, it seems to record that as a "franchisee" one and changes another one on the map to be the "primary" (so Krusty or Apu aren't stored as well, unless ALL of the buildings are stored).

That said, if you go to onewithout the skin, it seems that the option for the tasks are still there - they just don't have the Halloween skin option.
  • I didn't see any ways to craft the others. I had also completely lost track of which were the originals. I wonder what would happen if you had the originals in storage since they are not needed to keep Krusty and Apu out.
  • petehd14 wrote:
    I didn't see any ways to craft the others.

You can't craft multiples. Usually building skins apply to all copies of that building, so either a) it's meant to be one only, or it's a coding mistake. Either way, it's a one-off craft to get.

I had also completely lost track of which were the originals. I wonder what would happen if you had the originals in storage since they are not needed to keep Krusty and Apu out.

It's easier with examples.

You buy 1x KEM (w/ Apu). (1x "original")
    You buy 2nd KEM. (1x "original", 1x "franchise")
    You buy 3rd KEM. (1x "original", 2x "franchises")
    *All are out in your town*

Now, you want to store a building (any of them). As Apu doesn't get put into storage until the last is stored:
    *You store 1x KEM. Even if it was the first you placed, a "franchise" (i.e. no character) appears in your storage.
    *You store a second KEM. Apu still out, so you have 2x "franchise" in storage.
    *You store the last KEM. You have 2 sets of KEMs in your storage - one has the building + Apu, the other has 2x buildings ("franchises").

As the character isn't stored until there's no more of his buildings left, if you store the "original" one he was associated with, it must just change so he's tied to another of them. If so, the Halloween skin should also move to another store (that's now considered the "primary" & attached to the character).
  • Linkwick wrote:
    petehd14 wrote:
    I didn't see any ways to craft the others.

You can't craft multiples. Usually building skins apply to all copies of that building, so either a) it's meant to be one only, or it's a coding mistake. Either way, it's a one-off craft to get.

I had also completely lost track of which were the originals. I wonder what would happen if you had the originals in storage since they are not needed to keep Krusty and Apu out.

It's easier with examples.

You buy 1x KEM (w/ Apu). (1x "original")
    You buy 2nd KEM. (1x "original", 1x "franchise")
    You buy 3rd KEM. (1x "original", 2x "franchises")
    *All are out in your town*

Now, you want to store a building (any of them). As Apu doesn't get put into storage until the last is stored:
    *You store 1x KEM. Even if it was the first you placed, a "franchise" (i.e. no character) appears in your storage.
    *You store a second KEM. Apu still out, so you have 2x "franchise" in storage.
    *You store the last KEM. You have 2 sets of KEMs in your storage - one has the building + Apu, the other has 2x buildings ("franchises").

As the character isn't stored until there's no more of his buildings left, if you store the "original" one he was associated with, it must just change so he's tied to another of them. If so, the Halloween skin should also move to another store (that's now considered the "primary" & attached to the character).
    so tell me why with only one kem in my town and none in storage it insists i have to build another before i can get the skin?!

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,376 PostsLatest Activity: 5 hours ago