Forum Discussion

12 years ago

No voice for Edna Krabappel either!

Krabappel is voiced by Marcia Wallace, Martin is voiced by Russi Taylor, Milhouse by Pamela Hayden and Hank Scorpio by Albert Brooks. So far, all the characters with voices seems to be by the main cast, i.e Dan Castellenta, Hank Azaria, etc. It could be a simple case of it costing too much money to get them to voice the characters, especially Albert Brooks, or it could be a case like Harry Shearer in the Simpsons Ride where he refused to do any voices so they didn't use his characters.
  • Beat me to makin' the topic. Just found this out hours ago checkin' out my epic friend PhatMike13's town.
  • When the game was first out..(before it was pulled) I'm sure millhouses' voice worked fine.. Since the game was offline foR ages hats when it hadn't worked.. For me anyway!!
  • Deadshot_DCU wrote:
    Can't they just get voice snippets from the show to add for the characters

No, not unless the voice actor in question has that clause in their contract. You can't just use someone's voice performance without compensation.

My best guess is the game is considered a promotion for the show, and the six main cast members have clauses in their contract allowing use of their voices for promotional purposes. The voice actors listed as "Also Starring" must have no such clauses. And Kelsey Grammer, Albert Brooks, and Marcia Wallace are guest stars.