Forum Discussion

11 years ago

NOOOOOO!!! 300 donuts and i have accepted...

So you took the combo offer of the mountain and brewery, good job I have both, great buy you lucky dog you, grats
  • tiger10036778 wrote:
    Still waiting for him here in UK......

Ummm... you do have the Duff Brewery already, so he won't visit you at all.
  • tiger10036778 wrote:
    Still waiting for him here in UK...... most updates disable "confirm donut spend" which in itself is naughty.....

but to click through....... I am sorry but that is up there with "my cat/baby/epilepsy made me buy your item on ebay......"

still, its a good deal.......

You will get a 4.5% bonus boost I think :D

I'm in the UK and I got him as soon as logged on (the very minute I woke up :oops: ). If you already have either the sign or the brewery, he won't visit you.

Also yeah, turn on the confirm donut spend doodad. I didn't know anything about it until I joined the forums. So many wasted donuts...
  • Before there's too much "correcting" this member about turning on Donut Confirmation, I have it turned on but wasn't prompted. EA purposely deactivated it for the deal. I was caught by surprise when the confirm pop-up didn't appear. However, I was going to get it anyway so it didn't matter other than I wanted Gil to wander around my town for a couple of days.
  • neuroheart wrote:

I usually have some amount of sympathy for accidental donut spends, either for speeding up or stuff in the too-long build menus, but dude seriously??
    HOW fast were you tapping to get through Gil's dialogue, to the giant popup window showing the deal, and then to tap on the very pink button without even noticing? Also, how were you tapping on houses without first tapping on Gil? Because my screen snapped right to him when I opened the game last night. Going through his sales pitch was the first thing I did.

You are right... You know when you are bored, and you tap on the money thinking to your own business... I have seen Gil, and I have never purchased any of his stupid sales... So (ABSOLUTELY MY FAULT) I tapped on him, trough the dialog, and then I tapped on the pink button THINKING to see a new window with more details... Really, I even didn't noticed that the offering was for the brewery AND the spriengfield sign... I was just tapping in a compulsive way :-P....

But there was no a "are you sure" pop up... Simply a message that the brewery was in my inventory...
    At that point I realized what has happened... And that my 300 donuts were... Puff... Evaporated...
    :-)
  • flexster741 wrote:
    I never saw Gil nor the offer. I already have both the mountains and brewery. Perhaps that's why Gil didn't visit me.

Same here. I was kinda hoping he would still just wander around the town.
  • OP, if the 300 donuts had made up a massive portion of your donut savings, maybe you can raise a support ticket to EA and ask them to refund it for you?
  • chippers29775 wrote:
    OP, if the 300 donuts had made up a massive portion of your donut savings, maybe you can raise a support ticket to EA and ask them to refund it for you?

Never happen. No one gets a refund on donuts they spent, not ever. I don't even know how many have gotten a refund from someone else being logged in to their town and spending their donuts. The only refunds I've heard of have been when a purchase isn't properly delivered or when there's an issue with the mystery box. And even those are rare. But someone accidentally spending their own donuts? Never happen. (I can see why, actually. Can you imagine how many people would claim accidental spending to get more donuts? "Oh dear, I accidentally sped up my corn, could I get my thousand donuts back?")
  • I have the Duff Brewery and the Springfield Sign and I still got this message from Gil:

http://i.imgur.com/ZoWO0ipl.jpg