Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Oh the monotony!!!

blackeyed5 wrote:
I don't know... I want to give this event a fair shake since its early, but it's feeling more and more like a whacking day. The monotony of this is killing all the fun. The pay outs are way to small and the prizes cost way too much with little in between to keep it exciting. All you are doing for a week is sending people to the factory every 4 hours. It's terribly boring. Anyone else kind of hate this at this point?

Agreed. Dull is a understatement :(
  • To make it better (imo) would be to either have a larger payout to reach the goal faster or have longer tasks than 2 and 4 hours. Since the payouts are so low, you do have to login all the time to resend everyone if you're going to want to keep on task. It's really tiring when you've got things to do during the day. It seems this event was designed for people with little else to do with their lives. The other events you could wait 8 hours and clear the town, do tasks, etc. and still keep on task. This one it's every 2 hours. Extremely annoying
  • Jedihntr wrote:
    I agree, this event is boring and tedious at the moment. There's no way I'm setting tasks every two hours for the next six weeks. ZZZzzzZZZzzz

this

i took a break from the game because it felt like a chore for me i come back and there's an event which you got to set tasks every 2-3 hours

the event itself is a good idea it's just poorly executed

• blackeyed5 wrote:
    To make it better (imo) would be to either have a larger payout to reach the goal faster or have longer tasks than 2 and 4 hours. Since the payouts are so low, you do have to login all the time to resend everyone if you're going to want to keep on task. It's really tiring when you've got things to do during the day. It seems this event was designed for people with little else to do with their lives. The other events you could wait 8 hours and clear the town, do tasks, etc. and still keep on task. This one it's every 2 hours. Extremely annoying

I assume you've scrolled down the task lists and seen that at level 10 we get people with 1 hour tasks. :-o

I use to play every hour. Then it was every 2 hrs. Then every 4. Lately every 8.

Definitely a grinding event. Good for some, not so good for others.

• I am annoyed that you only get around 4 mutant seeds per 24 hrs.
    Just another way for EA to get your donuts so you have to buy more to play! It is not fair that your friends drop them and you can't do the same for them. :twisted:
  • I do feel like the constant tapping for minuscule corn and fertilizer rewards is getting to be a bit much and, yes, it isn't even May yet and the event goes until June. I think I'll just have to pick a few prizes I really want to craft, work toward those, and stop once I have them. That way it'll be more manageable.
  • tdmdksk389 wrote:
    I am annoyed that you only get around 4 mutant seeds per 24 hrs.
    Just another way for EA to get your donuts so you have to buy more to play! It is not fair that your friends drop them and you can't do the same for them. :twisted:

I think this is probably one of my only issues with the update. Very frustrating in terms of neighbor interaction.
    barryriddl474
    Seasoned Newcomer
    For me, I'm pretty much happy with any content after the drought last year. While this event could certainly be better, it is better than nothing. EA has been nearly non stop with delivering the events, level updates, tie ins, etc. since the long spell we experienced last year without hardly anything, and for that, I say thanks, EA. Keep it coming!
  • barryriddl474 wrote:
    For me, I'm pretty much happy with any content after the drought last year. While this event could certainly be better, it is better than nothing. EA has been nearly non stop with delivering the events, level updates, tie ins, etc. since the long spell we experienced last year without hardly anything, and for that, I say thanks, EA. Keep it coming!

:thumbup:
  • this event is a lot of work for little reward

the items to be won so far are:
    simpsons farm house = ok, but is a farm and will need to be far away from urban springfield so theres too little land to make it fit in properly
    mutant plant = ok, but will end up in the corner somewhere next to my mutant tree
    Monsanto buildings = no payout, no multiplier, take up space and are not interesting..will end up in storage
    Farmers Market = ok