Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Payment failure because of high risk oO

kazm0dan wrote:
Hey there, i already tried writing the ea help people, but as ever, they take their sweet a** time to answer if they ever will...
Every time i try to buy something ingame i get the error message (loosely translated as i am swiss and get the message in german):

Error
Your purchase was not accepted, because the order was classified as risky. Please try again in 30 minutes.

First i thought it was just the boatload and waited the 30 minutes, did not work. I tried it several times, also with smaller purchases, even the 1 dollar scratch that i was able to purchase just a few days ago, nothing worked, all declined because of the same reason.

Now why the hell are my purchases risky and why the hell is it not going away.
The fact that i have no real possibility to get in contact with anyone at ea besides the bugged and never answered "chat" is kind of a joke....

I had a similar issue, what are you using to pay with?
  • As iTunes process the payment you might be better off contacting them. Hope you sort this out.

Edit:assuming you are playing on iOS not sure about android.
  • I am playing it on an android phone and i am trying to purchase it with a mastercard, i also tried to use my amex but i get a rather strange error message for that too, it says there the card would not support the currency, which is total bs since i work at the credit card company and know that there is no such thing :/
  • kazm0dan wrote:
    I am playing it on an android phone and i am trying to purchase it with a mastercard, i also tried to use my amex but i get a rather strange error message for that too, it says there the card would not support the currency, which is total bs since i work at the credit card company and know that there is no such thing :/

I had the same issue, soon as I used iTunes card. All good, maybe that's the way to go as it worked for me.
  • I thought about that, but the problem is, that the playstore giftcard is not available for swiss people which means i am stuck until someone from ea moves their lazy behind and gives me a solution....
  • Yeah that on the other hand is not the problem here, what you describe is caused by our security systems.
    They analyze every transaction of every card and might block certain ones because of the location of the purchase, the amount or even the currency or other markers.
    But as i said, i work at the credit card company and i checked my card in the system, it was not refused on our end, it is something from ea since i never had any similar problem with other purchases in the playstore.