Forum Discussion

Willy9292
Rising Adventurer
2 months ago

Please EA ideas on straight track

Many of us want the monorail all through our towns.  A simple request:

Give us double or triple straight track that we can buy, in game cash or premium I dont care.

or

fix the odds on track creation so straight track is the most likely not the least likely.  We all have hundreds of all the track but straight.

Willy9292
    Rising Adventurer

Scubbie99 Many of us have all the land, and have extensive monorail setups .  Using the S pieces also makes it impossibe to run track in some tight areas. My setup uses hundreds of straight tracks, and for me I started out using the wiggle tracks, and was eventually able to get them eliminated.  Double or triple tracks would greatly reduce the item count for a large setup.

Hopefully we get a spooky station for Halloween and the placing of tracks on buildings continues. The monorail is one of my favourite parts of the game.

Scubbie99
    Seasoned Newcomer

To get around this, why not use a combination of the S pieces? This is what I've done and it gives the monorail a distinct wiggle throughout the layout. I also use the half-piece in between to help stretch it all out a little.
    Saying all that, I have previously run down my track supplies in the past, but I currently have over 200 pieces of straight and s-pieces, along with over 400 half pieces and over 500 curves. I also have some 7 stations, and one fake station made up from various spar pieces I had available.

• The option to swap Curves or S-curves for Straight tracks, or to trade 2 short pieces for a longer Straight, would be a help.

If they figure where to add the button to open the Trade option, assuming a number-type text box isn't so simple, then I'd hope it had a way to choose which type of track to trade and buttons to trade 1, 10 or 100 - or 2, 10 or 100 for the short bits. Doing it one at a time would be a pain.

Willy9292
      Rising Adventurer

I would do it one at a time standing on one foot chewing gum and drinking if thats what it took to get straight track lol

Willy9292
        Rising Adventurer

While we are talking monorail.  Spooky Halloween station for October.  Maybe bundle with a new track making building that generates straight track every 12 hours.  Great Gil deal.