Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Remember...

When I complained about hunting down invaders in neighboring towns? I take it back. This current scheme is an even bigger pain in the ****. With so few buildings that you can tap I wind up hunting all over people's towns (except for those clever enough to put out a batch of event tappable buildings like Brown Houses or Kwik-E-Marts) trying to find SOMETHING to tap. And I have to go through my entire neighbor list so that they'll see my name and come to my town and tap something here.
At least with the invaders I could do 33 neighbors and call it quits for the day. It's not like they'd know I didn't visit them. Or that it mattered...
  • "bluntcard;1569603" wrote:
    :::: In before this is made an Announcement and pasted to the top. :::::

When we're on the same side I find your wit sharp and pleasing.

"adruralo52;1569707" wrote:
    And thanks Wadebear, the word remember has just reminded me that it's my wedding anniversary in a few days, so I will be off today to get a present for the wife. :smiley:

It's magic when wadebear says "remember". Too bad he won't reveal his secret to others.
  • "HisWrath;1569703" wrote:
    Strange thing is I've got two neighbors that never have anything to tap, yet the game often shows them having played in the past hour or two. Does this maybe mean they are clearing too aggressively and they have lots of active neighbors?

The 'time since last played' thing in the neighbor list isn't accurate. It only shows the time since they last logged into ANY game that uses Origin - and there's a bunch of them. There's also an Origin app for Mac and Windows that lets you play a bunch of games from within the app (not Tapped Out), so if they're playing games on that it shows they've played.
    On a side note: I actually forgot to do my Rail Yard stuff this morning until after I'd sent Ned on a trip.
  • "wadebear;1569836" wrote:
    "HisWrath;1569703" wrote:
    Strange thing is I've got two neighbors that never have anything to tap, yet the game often shows them having played in the past hour or two. Does this maybe mean they are clearing too aggressively and they have lots of active neighbors?

The 'time since last played' thing in the neighbor list isn't accurate. It only shows the time since they last logged into ANY game that uses Origin - and there's a bunch of them. There's also an Origin app for Mac and Windows that lets you play a bunch of games from within the app (not Tapped Out), so if they're playing games on that it shows they've played.

Ah. Well that explains it - thanks. The nerve of some people playing other games besides Tapped Out! ;)
  • pity that the neighbors are in alphabetical order and not in order according to the last visit by you, in short, every time you go from a close distance at the top so if you last is much that does not go to him (the one that does not go more time) and you would know who the neighbors more neighboreenos

I put a teleport me too but the first just goes to sea while the second and third lead to homes brown or jet-market,
  • Finally! It took me over 3 hours to get through my neighbors!
    I had to keep stopping to do Rail Yard tasks, collect rent, and send characters on flights. Then of course there were the usual crashes requiring I restart the game and find my place...
    I will be SO glad when this event is over.
  • "rosesgirlnz;1569796" wrote:
    I do a combination of either tapping on the closest 3 things... or looking through the towns and tapping on things I particularly like.
    I'm lucky enough to have some fantastic designers as neighbors, and I enjoy exploring their towns.

^^^this!!

I visit all of my neighbors, I just start in different places in the neighborhood every day. I buzz around my neighbors towns and tap what I feel like tapping, I rarely have trouble finding stuff to tap. I don't have room in my town for a group of houses, but I make sure I clear buildings several times a day :blush:
  • "HisWrath;1569937" wrote:
    "wadebear;1569836" wrote:
    "HisWrath;1569703" wrote:

Ah. Well that explains it - thanks. The nerve of some people playing other games besides Tapped Out! ;)

Or they could be playing and not visiting.
  • "vibra5;1569964" wrote:
    pity that the neighbors are in alphabetical order and not in order according to the last visit by you, in short, every time you go from a close distance at the top so if you last is much that does not go to him (the one that does not go more time) and you would know who the neighbors more neighboreenos

I put a teleport me too but the first just goes to sea while the second and third lead to homes brown or jet-market,

Saw this and used your teleport today! Thanks for posting that - and love your town.