Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Resetting XP Poll

To add, now Smithers will not complete the 60 minute task with Mr. Burns. Everytime I send them off on the bicycle, a few minutes later they are walking around my town.
  • First time poster here.
    Voted yes, as this is happening to me. Money accumulates, xp does not. Resets to 58,880-ish each time. Xp to next level changed from 120,000 (before update) to 169,000-ish (after update).

Anyone else get an unusual feeling when this glitch just so happens to occur at almost every update? Seems mighty suspicious, if you ask me.

And yes, I am insinuating that it could possibly be intentional.

Why? Well, because EA's excuse is "oh sorry, we were updating, and sometimes things happen! har har," and yet it *keeps* happening? Each and every time? Peculiar.

If we ended up getting it all back after they addressed the issue, it's no big deal. But we don't (I haven't, at least).

And no, this isn't an "entitlement waaaaah-fest," this is a legitimate issue for players, because it means the fewer times people can level up, the less times EA will have to shell out 1 to 3 free donuts to us (if you're a lvl27-er, at least). This is obviously the goal -- if it's intentional. And in the unlikely event that this actually IS unintentional, I doubt they're very disappointed with the effects, and therefore more than likely make it last thing (or at least *one of* the last things) on their list of "things to fix."

And if you decide to not let them screw you over, and choose to just wait it out until it's fixed... they still get what they want (and more!), as you are missing out on xp you otherwise would have been getting -- and in this case, the money, too.

Quite a convenient glitch for EA to have happen "by chance," time and time again... wouldn't you say?