Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Running out of room?

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or not, but I kinda like having stuff to save up for. Right now I'm working on buying the escalator, but still have about 400k left before I can get it. I have 2 more strips of land to buy and it is pretty pricy, but I figure having this to work towards will keep me interested.

Depending on how many buildings are released in the future, I could see more land being needed... especially to be able to really decorate buildings separately and make them special. For the time being, I have enough land, maybe even a little to much.
  • jehenyen wrote:
    I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or not, but I kinda like having stuff to save up for. Right now I'm working on buying the escalator, but still have about 400k left before I can get it. I have 2 more strips of land to buy and it is pretty pricy, but I figure having this to work towards will keep me interested.

Depending on how many buildings are released in the future, I could see more land being needed... especially to be able to really decorate buildings separately and make them special. For the time being, I have enough land, maybe even a little to much.

Love your design, especially the court with the municipal buildings... It's not that I mind saving up, it's that any time I get an extra 100,000, I'm usually decorating, which gets pricey. The four level perimeter on my White House development is a good example.
  • I recently noticed that I do too use alot of room to make things more extravagant than they need be :P but thats how I like to make my town and soon if they add a few more buildings or large decorations i might run out of room altogether
  • jehenyen wrote:
    kidENO wrote:
    jehenyen wrote:

Love your design, especially the court with the municipal buildings... It's not that I mind saving up, it's that any time I get an extra 100,000, I'm usually decorating, which gets pricey. The four level perimeter on my White House development is a good example.

Thank you so much. :) I really like your multilevel Burns Manor. I'm jealous I didn't think of it.

I think if I hadn't gone so tree/decoration happy, I'd have my escalator already. I have moved my Springfield mountain out a few spaces so when I do finally buy it, I can hide where they are rising out of and falling into... but we'll see.

I'm going to put my elevator behind the church as a stairway to heaven ;). Love your brown house area, reminds me of teen camp horror films :D...

I started the Burns Manor prep when I found out we'd be getting it eventually. Thanks for the nod, I really love that part of my SF.
  • jehenyen wrote:
    brenner_yes wrote:
    I recently noticed that I do too use alot of room to make things more extravagant than they need be :P but thats how I like to make my town and soon if they add a few more buildings or large decorations i might run out of room altogether

I took this a little to the extreme and made it so I only have one of each kind of house (well, except brown houses, those are my lake cabins in the woods) and gave each one its own unique yard and theme. But, with that, one thing that has saved me on space is grouping together some buildings with similar functions or looks together into a complex.

Ahhh yeah iv thought about that but I Like my design so much now lol, Only if im forced to will I change it, plus iv got some free land available for a few more buildings at the moment presuming ralph's house and El chemsitri are the only new buildings added in the nxt update
  • kidENO wrote:
    Did a redesign recently & although I have a few loose ends to tie up (getting Krustyloo shortly & have to finalize a few areas), with only four pieces of land to purchase, I'm realizing that my SF is getting small...

I really think EA should reorganize the monetary system. I'm saving up for the staircase, so I won't get the 4 plots anytime soon & even if they expanded the grid, I'm over $100,000 a plot. Without the friend multiplier, with any new buildings, I'll eventually have to redesign... Just a thought.

Yes running out of room.. We need a much much bigger zoom out to control our towns more effectively. and need 10x the building max space that is currently available and we need stuff to build on water also.

Eventually we need the dialog spoken and not have to read everything.!