Forum Discussion

12 years ago

sideshow you....

Oooh, good question! I assumed it was every 300 games from what people have described...
  • L_B_123XD wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    Shadiest_one wrote:
    I looked it up and it says 5. I could have sworn i seen 50 somewhere

They're two different things. You have a chance to win 5 donuts EVERY TIME you play, but it's a small chance, only 1% or less.

You get 50 donuts, guaranteed, after every 300 games.

Posted above but 300 games is just under 3 months if you go on every 8
    9 hours or so, that's 200 a year- seems steep from EA. and too got to be true.

But really how many people play for that long? It's the minority that play for that long. and they are probably the ones that already buy donuts.
  • So do we get 5 or 50 after 300 games? Can anyone confirm this?

As for how many tickets it's possible to get from every play, I believe you can get up to 150 tickets. Last time I played I struck 2x50 tickets and 1x25 tickets, for a total of 125. (Sorry, didn't take a pic of it). But I assume you can get 3x50. How you can win donuts from the regular game, I have no idea. I haven't seen a single donut balloon so far...
  • How do we know we get 50 donuts after 300 games? Is this listed anywhere or even that you can get donuts in the balloons?
    so if you don't miss any time and you do it 3 times every day it will take you 100 days for 50 donuts.
    seems awesome that's a free donuts every 2 days if you are right on the ball with your 8 hour game play.
  • That would be unfortunate if it is only 5 donuts after 300 plays. since most good things requiring donuts (like characters) are at least 60 donuts (other than squeaky voiced teen), 50 donuts might prompt freemium players to buy a dozen donuts or try some scratch tickets every couple of month and get started buying larger volumes of donuts. 5 donuts would not inspire people to go out and buy more donuts at all as it is unlikely to bring you close to getting anything...
  • roby_otero wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    How do we know we get 50 donuts after 300 games? Is this listed anywhere or even that you can get donuts in the balloons?
    so if you don't miss any time and you do it 3 times every day it will take you 100 days for 50 donuts.
    seems awesome that's a free donuts every 2 days if you are right on the ball with your 8 hour game play.

You will win 5 donuts, not 50 after you have played 299 games. So, providing that you set a timer and play once every 8 hours on the dot, you will receive your 5 donuts after 100 days.

Other sites are saying 50 but its in the files as 5.

Ok, thanks! I thought EA suddenly would give a bonus to loyal players, which actually would mean something. 5 donuts every 299-300 games isn't really anything I'd care too much about either way. It's way better to reach bonus levels. That is by far the best thing EA has done to reward their players, and it's a bonus I want to give them alot of credit for incorporating in the game.

I do buy donuts myself, so I support the game. I have every premium character from when I started playing and up until now, every skin too, except Ninja Homer (that's due to the fact I didn't know what a skin was yet, or else I would have bought that too). Anyway, I mostly play for the questlines, because I love the humor in this game. Therefore everything that adds to a questline is given. Now what I am getting at is that this reward of 5 donuts for every 300 game is taking way too long time, for too little donuts. I'd actually prefer they gave out 50 donuts instead, perhaps for every 50 games. Those 5 I can be withouth.

I know it's kind of stupid to rant at something free, but if you want to give people something, atleast give them something worthwhile, or you could just not do it. It's kind of like with the mystery box, what you get is usually so bad, it's not even anything to get excited about. I have gotten my Lemon Tree, and from now on I don't think I'll get anything interesting until about Christmas with the odds they have. Why even bother giving out something people don't appreaciate or find special at all?

I'm fully aware this starts to be a little off-topic and getting similar to a rant, but also the Laffy meal should be changed radically. It's just awful as it is. Tickets is a free currency, and the odds to even get premium items at all is ridiculous. It's just a waste of donuts as is. Better buy the premiums you want for hard donuts, or else save your donuts for something else.

But I need to add, I do love this game, there a lot of great features here. The Krustyland update by itself is fantastic (except the Laffymeal), and I like the fact that they are incorporating more minigames with the sideshow you. The minigame aspect of this game, is something they should tap further into! It doesn't need to pay-out in donuts, but if you attach a prize, try to give something interesting that atleast feels worthwhile. I have a suggestion for EA in this regard, what if they make a building/decoration/even character if they feel like it, that you can only get by winning a specific mini-game. Making it impossible to buy it or get it in any other way. Almost like the Lemon Tree is for the mystery box. That would be some kind of prize people would be willing to play a specific mini-game for, and people would be very happy when they get that prize/win it.

Sad to say it, but 5 donuts isn't really that special. I buy the things I want when I want them. For a freemium player, it is so hard to save up for even one nice premium character/building combination, that I don't even think they get too much out of this. But maybe I'm wrong here.