Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Solving Bug in Daily Task, "Make Springfielders preach their version of Christmas"

The programmers made a little screw-up and I thought I'd post about it here to save others the trouble I had today... The daily task today (for me, at any rate), "Make Springfielders peach their version of Christmas," has a flaw. At the top of my list of characters who could (theoretically) do this task was Helen Lovejoy. But every time I'd try to send her on it, I'd get that "you can't do that" sound and the game would totally freeze up. So, using the Town Hall, I found her and looked at her task list, only to see that she's missing that task, which is why the game was crashing, because it couldn't resolve the conflict.

So, if/when you have that task, do not try to send Helen on it! Fortunately, I had plenty enough other characters to complete the daily task without her
  • The back button wasn't working for me on iOS, but tapping on the screen outside the popped up box worked to clear it.
  • I'm on iPad and it froze when I sent her on it.
    Specifically, the popup was brightened; the surrounding screen was darkened; characters were moving; tapping did nothing.
    Within about a minute it had unfroze itself and I noticed the task is greyed out and I think it said, Requires Rev Lovejoy.
    So won't do that again.
  • It only happens if you try to send Helen Lovejoy and Reverend Lovejoy is busy.
    It's a joint task and works if the Rev is free.
    On Android or Kindle the device back button should un-freeze your game
    I'm told you need to quit the game if it's on an iPad
    Already noted on the Christmas bugs thread - see . . .
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/comment/2175087/#Comment_2175087
    If it affects any other character, post in that thread. It seems EA are reading that and fixing things :)
  • It happens with any character if their task is not available due to
    1. Item needed for task is missing
    2. Other character needed for task is missing or busy