Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Something seems off - rat trap trucks

My multiplier is at 2399.86. All Springfield heights items are out and the cost collider is firing away. Rat trap trucks should be giving me almost 2mm do but instead I'm only getting half of that
  • Have you tried a clean restart? Close the game, pull up Recent Apps, swipe them all away. Turn off device. Wait 15 seconds. Restart.
  • "Jonalinn;c-1700800" wrote:
    "nissa762;c-1700799" wrote:
    Have you maybe gone over the daily limit of 1000 bonuts?

It's my understanding this is no longer an issue (thank goodness! ;) )

Haven't been too active here lately. Didn't realize I missing so much info... Thanks :)
    Jonalinn
    New Spectator
    "nissa762;c-1700957" wrote:
    "Jonalinn;c-1700800" wrote:
    "nissa762;c-1700799" wrote:
    Have you maybe gone over the daily limit of 1000 bonuts?

It's my understanding this is no longer an issue (thank goodness! ;) )

Haven't been too active here lately. Didn't realize I missing so much info... Thanks :)

You're very welcome ;) :)
  • I've been having this issue with bloodmobiles on and off. Since around 1800% and now over 2000% same issue....

What seems to happen is if the XP is enough to fill the XP bar twice (i.e., if you are already at 50% and you are getting 1.5mil)--- it will often, for me, only go around once. It happens more often when I put many bloodmobiles down at the same time.

I've found this to happen intermittently with anything that gives over 1M in XP. So now to be safe, I'm farming Book-burning mobiles. They are giving me less than 1M each and so I never lose out on that 2nd donut box. It's been annoying, and book burning mobiles are alot more effort than Rat Trap Trucks and Bloodmobiles but-- at least I know I'm getting all the donuts I should be.
  • I found that the game frequently miscalculated the number of bonus donut rounds, but maybe not all players are affected? I never notice or check anymore - can't do much about it anyway, whether right or wrong and it no longer affects how many donuts I can earn.

There was a topic about this some months ago:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/97765/missing-level-up-boxes
  • Got my multiplier up to 3275 and now bloodmobiles are only giving one round of donuts. Looks like bookmobiles are left. The only positive note is I no longer have to try for three donuts because it's cheaper to just trigger another bonus round
  • "mrmojorisin147;c-1705326" wrote:
    Got my multiplier up to 3275 and now bloodmobiles are only giving one round of donuts. Looks like bookmobiles are left. The only positive note is I no longer have to try for three donuts because it's cheaper to just trigger another bonus round

Could it be a case where calculations are not correct? Actually I could not really get a very accurate calculations and it seems to be related to the hidden percentage. So instead of expecting how much bonus levels up I should be getting, I just check for consistency each time. So if say I buy one rat truck and I expect to get two level ups , then I will just make sure that it gives the correct results each time. So far, it has been consistent for me unless game crashes.
  • "168sean168;c-1705861" wrote:

Could it be a case where calculations are not correct? Actually I could not really get a very accurate calculations and it seems to be related to the hidden percentage. So instead of expecting how much bonus levels up I should be getting, I just check for consistency each time. So if say I buy one rat truck and I expect to get two level ups , then I will just make sure that it gives the correct results each time. So far, it has been consistent for me unless game crashes.

No, I'm certain of the math. As of this morning My visible conformity bonus is 3514.27%. One bookmobile is giving me 942k xp and is almost enough to get one bonus round per. Rat trap trucks should be giving me 3x that amount yet I'm missing a bonus round from each rat trap truck placed
  • "mrmojorisin147;c-1710849" wrote:
    "168sean168;c-1705861" wrote:

No, I'm certain of the math. As of this morning My visible conformity bonus is 3514.27%. One bookmobile is giving me 942k xp and is almost enough to get one bonus round per. Rat trap trucks should be giving me 3x that amount yet I'm missing a bonus round from each rat trap truck placed

For my case, I actually got one extra round of bonus level up when using one Rat trap truck as opposed to 3 times Xp from one Book Mobile.
  • My multiplier, combined with the active XP Collider, means I get 10,016,598 XP and a Bonus Level Up (I'm on max Level 939) for a single Rat Trap Truck.

The odd thing is, if I buy 10 RTTs at once I'll still get 10x 10,016,598 XP but only get 9 Bonus Levels. Likewise, if buy 20 RTTs at once I'll get 20x 10,016,598 XP but only get 19 Bonus Levels.

Buying between 1 and 6 RTTS gets 1 or 6 Bonus Levels. Anything above that and a single Bonus Level is lost each time (I still get the correct XP). Not a big deal, but it is odd. :/