Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Springfield neglect

I mostly tap the areas closest to the Springfield Heights area. Pi also notice from the handshakes that my neighbours are doing the same.
  • 4kidsandacatdog wrote:
    janis810 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    I've actually been looking for ways to use some of the new decorations all over town. Just put some modern art sculptures in front of El Chemistri, for example. And those little potted plants are great for sprucing up a few houses. My Springfield is definitely getting attention.

I totally agree with you on that. All those hot tubs that came with the classic mansions can help the poor people in the brown houses feel better. I also noticed one of my neighbors used the classic garage as a free standing garage not attached to the house. Loads of possibilities!

I guess when I get to the point where I can buy decorations for SH I'll probably do that. Right now I'm in a desperate struggle to buy land and keep earning currency. After that it'll be buildings and upgrades. I have to admit this is slow going for me and really not as rewarding as I'd hoped. I'm with ya drumnman! Frankly I'm impressed with the people who've progressed so far so quickly. Clearly you've hit on a great strategy.

OMG, 4 kids and a cat dog!!!! You have 4 kids and a cat and a dog. I am retired. So, that's why I can place hot tubs around brown houses, while you try to keep up with laundry and general sanity. (I've been there, I know.) You have a fabulous town. You are playing a great game. You have no time limit. I think you're doing really well!
  • I think the constant grinding in SH has killed the game for me. For some reason the SH addition seemed to have shifted the dynamics of the game for me. It just doesn't have the "feel" of the game the way it used to. Hard to explain but I think I'm done.
  • kandycanada wrote:
    The only part that is being neglected, is the decorating. Because of SH, I'm over the 4500 recommended item limit, so now I search for ways to undecorate, as it were. But I somehow saved 20 million, so I'm still collecting and tasking people. I finally unlocked Moneybag Burns just about 2 seconds before Tap Ball hit, so I was still doing his quests when SH unlocked.

Also, SH made me take the dive to buy Jasper, Bumblebee Man, and Disco Stu. I had the donuts, I was just procrastinating hard on what to spend them on. So, overnight I am still going through the questlines that came with them. Technically I bought the donuts on my Birthday, but I'm spending them now, so EA's not losing out on the $$ from me in this expansion.

I don't remember the exact number, but I'm almost certain you're safe if you go over the "4500 limit." I have something like 6000 decorations/buildings/whatever in my town, and the game still plays fine.
  • joshuaclaywell wrote:
    kandycanada wrote:
    The only part that is being neglected, is the decorating. Because of SH, I'm over the 4500 recommended item limit, so now I search for ways to undecorate, as it were. But I somehow saved 20 million, so I'm still collecting and tasking people. I finally unlocked Moneybag Burns just about 2 seconds before Tap Ball hit, so I was still doing his quests when SH unlocked.

Also, SH made me take the dive to buy Jasper, Bumblebee Man, and Disco Stu. I had the donuts, I was just procrastinating hard on what to spend them on. So, overnight I am still going through the questlines that came with them. Technically I bought the donuts on my Birthday, but I'm spending them now, so EA's not losing out on the $$ from me in this expansion.

I don't remember the exact number, but I'm almost certain you're safe if you go over the "4500 limit." I have something like 6000 decorations/buildings/whatever in my town, and the game still plays fine.

Really? It keeps notifying me and sometimes stability is an issue. I don't want to tempt fate too much. Are you playing on an older device?

I really don't want to tear anything down. My SF is now 3 years in the making. I'm quite happy with how it is and I haven't bought all the land in SF yet.
  • I nuked just before SH. Still busy with redecorating SF and finding new ways to put the new deco iall over SF like neuroheart said! Its fun :lol: