Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Town portrait not working!!!

For the last month at least, every time I try to take a "town portrait" it goes through all the loading processes, all the way till the end and then tells me something went wrong and it can't save it. I've been playing for years now so my town is pretty big. I'm pretty much maxed out on all the prizes so I don't know if that's why I'm having a problems. Is my town too big? Anyone else having these problems with the "Town portrait"?
    Willy9292
    Seasoned Adventurer
    There are a ton of threads about this issue. Check in the bugs section. There may be some help in one of them.
    Willy9292
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "mudkicker7672;c-2175602" wrote:
    atleast this poster did not start a new thread. however they still get to hear you whine about someone posting things. willy, instead of policing try relaxing to newbies. there are mods that do what your doing. after all you basically said the same thing twice in one thread.

Sorry, wasn't trying to police, I remember there being some tips in a couple of those threads. Mine quit working and then started again. I wish our search worked better. I see a lot of questions from new people about things we sort of solved a few years ago, and wish I could direct them to the right threads. I usually just point out there are threads out there. Guess I'll stop that.
  • Our Town Portrait doesn't work and I don't think it ever did.
    I was never sure if it was the game or the iPad.

How can I take individual screenshots and stitch them together for same result???
    I'm thinking, there's probably more than one way, as there is with cats.
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    @KLmaker some of us did that before the town portrait feature. Take 100's of screen shots, transfer to a computer, use Windows paint to stick them together.
    http://i.imgur.com/R6SmuJG.jpg
  • You'll need a program on your computer to stitch the screenshots together with. I recommend GIMP, because it's free and it works. I can instruct you in its basic use - mind you, there's a LOT of stuff in it I don't even understand.
    lucienleon519
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I miss having a working town portrait function, screen capping and stitching takes an aeon. It’d take me around 4-6 hours. The upshot is a much higher resolution image though.
  • > @Willy9292 said:
    > Sorry, wasn't trying to police, I remember there being some tips in a couple of those threads. Mine quit working and then started again. I wish our search worked better. I see a lot of questions from new people about things we sort of solved a few years ago, and wish I could direct them to the right threads. I usually just point out there are threads out there. Guess I'll stop that.

I was specifically told by your tech support to add my problem to an existing post. At which time he said a moderator would help me. As I have said I have done all the troubleshooting I can, and this is a BUG, which I can't fix, unless you know a way to fix it. I have to say, not impressed with the support!
    Willy9292
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "gongamer2;c-2176453" wrote:
    OK, totally got the wrong impression from tech support. They made it sound that I was reporting a bug to EA if I posted here. Thanks

Lots of people have had that happen. Seems to really matter what call centre you talk to. North America seems to have some really good people, but you have to keep trying until you get one.
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "1EllieG7294;c-2176235" wrote:
    @gongamer2

First level support is outsourced and will tell you anything to get you off the phone. Keep opening tickets and go to EA Answers and post there also
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Town-portrait-Screenshot-not-working/m-p/8813607#M130843
    Anyone with this problem should comment with their specifics and device info and click me too

Just added my me too! I'm begining to suspect Android 10 for this