Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Trivia question is unfair to everyone except North America FOX viewers

I'm sure someone will share the answers. Atleast that's what I'm counting on as I have to work tomorrow night.
  • neuroheart wrote:
    leeana69 wrote:
    I will probably be banned for saying this, but I've never watched a simpsons episode ever :(

We don't ban you for that.

...We may stare at you in shock for a bit. :lol:

like this
    http://rs71.pbsrc.com/albums/i140/shortpenguin/Gifs/The%20Simpsons/tumblr_lpkn395wrY1qj4vj5o1_400_zps376b3a1f.gif~c200
  • Ningyo42 wrote:
    Well, The Simpsons is an American show. I don't expect to get the UK version of Top Gear right away, and I still play Race The Stig...

No idea why anyone would watch the US version of Top Gear anyway, it's horrible compared to the original. I've noticed that US screen writers have been borrowing a LOT of show ideas from the UK and they just pale in comparison. Good thing DW is such a huge hit here in the original version, I couldn't abide a US version of it!
  • 4kidsandacatdog wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    Well, The Simpsons is an American show. I don't expect to get the UK version of Top Gear right away, and I still play Race The Stig...

No idea why anyone would watch the US version of Top Gear anyway, it's horrible compared to the original. I've noticed that US screen writers have been borrowing a LOT of show ideas from the UK and they just pale in comparison. Good thing DW is such a huge hit here in the original version, I couldn't abide a US version of it!
    we saw how Torchwood ended up so yeah
  • 4kidsandacatdog wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:

yeah can't beat UK version of Robot Wars hosted by Dave Lister of Red Dwarf., over the US version. hosted by unknowns , and the US version of Iron Chef sucks too.(yes I know it's Japanese , but it's also a maligned import show)
  • 4kidsandacatdog wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:

No idea why anyone would watch the US version of Top Gear anyway, it's horrible compared to the original. I've noticed that US screen writers have been borrowing a LOT of show ideas from the UK and they just pale in comparison.

For the most part, I agree. But I do have to say that the BBC's Being Human went off the rails far more completely than the US version. I couldn't even get through the last series of the BBC version :?