Forum Discussion

11 years ago

TSTO After the last Simpson Episode

As long as they're making enough money, they'll continue. When that stops, they pull the plug.
  • imfkool wrote:
    We all know it will be coming, but not for a few more years. But when The Simpsons comes to an end, do you think EA will try to keep TSTO running for as long as possible, or do you think they just shut it all down?

After a few more years of updates they'll have released every important character and recognizable building/decoration.

EA will keep releasing content for the game as long as it's profitable, and given the huge profits the game has made over the past year I'd think that would continue for awhile even after the show goes off the air.

My only request would be that they program the game so it can be played on devices without needing to connect to EA's servers, once updates and content releases stop being released. This is possible, as it was done with a Facebook game I used to play called Dragon Age - Legends. It only requires recoding the programming to localize the money amount and "checklist" of what characters/buildings, etc you've unlocked. This would store everything on the devices instead of needing to connect to EA's servers. Might be a little complicated, but worthwhile for people to continue playing after they stop updating it.
  • I totally agree with DIrishB. Even though we couldn't keep the social-game aspect, we could still have an opportunity to play with the items we have earned through tapping, as well as the items we paid for with real life money. Admittedly, they never claimed to offer us that opportunity, to recoup money especially, but ... (Or maybe we could each have an option to purchase our standalone, stored-on-our-own-devices SF when they discontinue it. Maybe if they saw another opportunity to make a profit, they'd do that programming you mentioned before they close up shop.)

Or not.