Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Two things this game badly needs, thoughts?

ITA. I am sick of tapping large shrub A only to see large shrub B highlighted. You can, in edit mode, opt not to click items you don't want moved. In my case houses, people, or streets. But editing a bunch of decorations drives me nuts. They should allow us to zoom in a bit while in edit mode so we can click the exact item we want moved or stored.

• TAGSfan60982 wrote:
    ITA. I am sick of tapping large shrub A only to see large shrub B highlighted. You can, in edit mode, opt not to click items you don't want moved. In my case houses, people, or streets. But editing a bunch of decorations drives me nuts. They should allow us to zoom in a bit while in edit mode so we can click the exact item we want moved or stored.

Ugh yes this! You basically end up highlighting everything BUT the thing you're trying to tap! :lol:
  • #1 probably has to do with design of memory usage and available images? Still, I play other games that are much more flexible with this than TSTO.

#2 has no good excuse. I play other games where it selects what I'm clicking on. Even with my fat fingering.
  • TAGSfan60982 wrote:

Exactly, you can zoom in enough to identify the grid square an object sits on, but when you tap on that square even using a stylus it still selects something else!!!!

Considering this is a device based app, and the name suggests that 'tapping' is a large part of it it's a pretty poor show.
  • JimJ321 wrote:
    pixelpilot59 wrote:
    While playing The Stonecutters quests I have visited lots of really well thought out Springfields which have inspired me to try and improve my own.

This has led to two really annoying frustrations:

1. Why can't we zoom out further to get a better view of our towns? It doesn't need to be all the way, maybe to view a quarter at a time, what we have is completely useless.

2. Why does it need to be so damn hard to move things? Having redesigned my school site layout which took some time, I realised that the road would not lay next to it because it was overlapping. Therefore I had to move the myriad of items that make up the site two squares to the right, this became increasingly frustrating because of course it doesn't always select the thing you tap on :x often it was taking 4 or more taps!!!!

Come on EA, surely these two things are in the realm of possibility????

What does everyone else think?

Pixelpilot.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Your comments will be on this forum forever as a sign of your discontent towards EA. Again, welcome to the forum and happy tapping!!!

So then Jim, I sense an undercurrent in your replies to me that only comes from a keyboard warrior.
    You replied to another of my threads with similar non-sensical comments.

Can I look forward to similar replies whenever I post?

Pixelpilot.
  • OP: Welcome to the forum from another newbie!

As you see we have some really funny people on here. Your title was "Two things this game badly needs, thoughts?", and so some of these replies are giving you two things. Ba-dum! Groan...

And then there are the replies that zoom over my head, and which I just ignore.

• mike3775198 wrote:
    Neglecterino wrote:

And then there are the replies that zoom over my head, and which I just ignore.

Which is 99% of them correct?

Ha ha! :)
  • Neglecterino wrote:
    #1 probably has to do with design of memory usage and available images? Still, I play other games that are much more flexible with this than TSTO.

#2 has no good excuse. I play other games where it selects what I'm clicking on. Even with my fat fingering.
    I realize using this game as a comparison is a thorn in TSTO side but Family Guy QFS has these abilities.

You can zoom out to an almost panoramic view and zoom in super close. You can zoom when you are in edit mode also.

What I love best about the panoramic zoom out is I can collect from all the buildings in half the time it takes on TSTO