Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Wat the dam hell is going on!

I don't want this to sound mean AT ALL. My suggestion is dead serious.

Maybe you just need to upgrade to a device with more GBs. I play on a 16 GB iPod Touch 4 and I always have room to update the game. Then again, my iPod Touch has a little more than 8 GB of space left.
  • Good point but I have a 32gb ipad with 10 gb free....it's the game for some reason it needs to have excess spare memory even though it's always pretty much the same size...I also don't understand why if this game is played on servers...it shouldn't need so much space to install an update.
  • Also the same with my phone as said above. It has 32gb of space but only allowed to allocate 3 for apps....don't understand that at all.
  • I've seen this several times. The cache for apps like Facebook and browsers can take up a lot of space without showing that they're taking up a lot of space. Clear the cache (or reinstall those apps) and you should have fewer problems.
  • dave3490 wrote:
    MistyDish wrote:
    I don't want this to sound mean AT ALL. My suggestion is dead serious.

Maybe you just need to upgrade to a device with more GBs. I play on a 16 GB iPod Touch 4 and I always have room to update the game. Then again, my iPod Touch has a little more than 8 GB of space left.

The problem is that not everyone can afford the devices with larger memory capacities. I've seen many a post recently about the size of the updates and people not having enough space, and in hindsight, EA really need to look at the size of these downloads and try and do somehting about them. I have an 8GB device, and 8GB of storage on my SD card, yet this game refuses to use the SD card to store data. I also play the Family Guy game and it stores everything to the memory card.

I have a 16GB tablet and a 16GB SD card in it. I haven't moved anything to the SD card, I did try TO, but it doesn't. I'll have to move FG over soon.
  • gloryhorn87 wrote:
    Good point but I have a 32gb ipad with 10 gb free....it's the game for some reason it needs to have excess spare memory even though it's always pretty much the same size...I also don't understand why if this game is played on servers...it shouldn't need so much space to install an update.

The game isn't played on servers, the STATE of your game is stored on the server so that you can pick up where you left off next time you open it up. The game itself, the code, game logic, graphics and sound are installed and stored on your device. The 'synchronising' message appears when your game is auto-saving an updated state to the server.

The reason you cannot play without a server connection is probably because this removes the risk of creating conflicted versions of your game if you play on two separate devices.

I also play on a 32gb iPad with a little less than 10gb free and haven't had any issues with updates.