Forum Discussion

9 years ago

What triggers the auto-upgrading campfire glitch?

Not sure what triggers it but I had a weird one this morning.

I've been harvesting zombies to craft walls and I have been getting the camp fire level up regardless of what I need to get from the camp fire, but this morning I leveled up my camp fire and then clicked on it to see what was needed next to level up (in case it was zombies anyway) and my level up counter said I needed snakes and I'd already got 186/200.

So not sure what's going on now TBH.
  • I assumed it was just counting my zombies as whatever the nightmare was supposed to be. I stopped trying to level up after hitting level 30, on Thursday I think. I'm now Level 49.
  • stinkbugger wrote:
    nissa762 wrote:
    Think there's actually more than one bug. The zombie trick is pretty reliable.

What is "the zombie trick"?

It's posted all over the place and hasn't been fixed. Basically you set your campfire to spawn zombies and after 200 or so collected your campfire will upgrade anyways. You'll also collect a bramble hedge each time.

I set Martin on the task and send all kids to collect smores as well. Make sure to synch with server when you auto upgrade. Sometimes you'll see "done" and it won't budge until you synch, sometimes you'll see some random number already collected for the next level.

Am at level 60+ without trying. Just stumbled upon it cause I wanted wailing walls.

ETA: just note that you're not really upgrading faster as you still sometimes need 200 zombies. If you get the second glitch where you're almost complete the next level, you will. No idea what's triggering the second one as the numbers don't seem to add up.
  • nissa762 wrote:
    It's posted all over the place and hasn't been fixed. Basically you set your campfire to spawn zombies and after 200 or so collected your campfire will upgrade anyways. You'll also collect a bramble hedge each time.

I thought part of the point of this thread was to find out what triggers this glitch. If you read some of the messages above you'll see that there are people (plus me) who have collected many many zombies (in a row) and we have never experienced an auto upgrade. So it's not simply a matter of "collect 200 zombies and you'll upgrade!".
  • I feel like the glitch is somehow related to dropping/tapping terrors. I went for a time where I didn't visit neighbors and I didn't have any auto-levels. Once I started dropping terrors and receiving terrors, it started up again.

Just my experience. YMMV.
  • drumnman wrote:
    I feel like the glitch is somehow related to dropping/tapping terrors. I went for a time where I didn't visit neighbors and I didn't have any auto-levels. Once I started dropping terrors and receiving terrors, it started up again.

Just my experience. YMMV.

I think this may be correct too - why I think there's more than one bug. There were a few where I collected and the next nightmare I tapped levelled me up (was no where near 200 and no where near levelling up). I couldn't quite figure this one out though. Seemed to happen when many things happened at the same time.

My town had terrors just dropped and I had dropped some. Click the message to collect the return from terrors and tapped a nightmare and auto levelled up. This also happened regardless of me spawning zombies.

• If it IS a limited scope bug, I'm sorry not everyone can take advantage. But I've got more brambles than i imagined I'd get, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

HOWEVER, the main concern here should be the brains for wailing walls, not the fire upgrade.

Keep producing zombies to get brains and increase multiplier! Forget the stupid fire level! Are your eyes focused on the correct prize?

• 4junk3000 wrote:

If it IS a limited scope bug, I'm sorry not everyone can take advantage. But I've got more brambles than i imagined I'd get, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

HOWEVER, the main concern here should be the brains for wailing walls, not the fire upgrade.

Keep producing zombies to get brains and increase multiplier! Forget the stupid fire level! Are your eyes focused on the correct prize?

Yes exactly. Auto-upgrade is a side benefit that means you can still focus on only spawning zombies.

One other thing for those who don't have it, try a few rounds of zombies only. If I recall correctly it didn't happen right away, noticed it on my second day of spawning zombies only.
  • I've gotten several upgrades from zombies. From reading the various threads, it seems to be more prevalent on Android compared to Apple. I have the Gate to nowhere but none of the other items.