Forum Discussion

4junk3000
New Spectator
2 years ago

Who needs a vacation? Reserve now! 😆

So while waiting for enough buildings from this event to drop, i decided to move a fairly large group of items so i may associate all the pirate-themed items into the Fogburyport neighborhood. This idea led to a full rebuild of my Beach Hut Resort to accommodate the spacing requirements. Essentially, i was "shoe-horning in" 6 squares of stuff into a 5 square-wide space!

Once i got done with the Resort, i thought it would be fun to create a little "Tourist Map" of the property to share with you all!

Here it is:
There's multiple options for accommodations depending on what activities you enjoy most:
2 - Private Isles for those who want a beach all to themselves
2 - Jetboat Suites for those who want Max Power!
2 - Sea View Huts with hot tubs for the ultimate in relaxation
3 - Hot-Air Balloon Suites to really get away from it all!
3 - JetSki Cabanas for romantic adventures!

The Main Resort offers multiple levels of entertainment including SF's largest waterslide! The Spa with massage services and huge Sundeck is available for day visitors and guests; separate from the reserved lodging areas. Visit our Concierge for special passes directly to the SquidPort Entertainment Pier. Book your vacation today!!

You can see more of this huge redesign in my Showcase thread, here:
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/comment/2227489#Comment_2227489

Happy tapping! 😊
  • Cool !!
    My new 3rd town unlocked SH last weekend - it's a month old today - and I've been thinking what to do with those Hideaway upgrades when I grind out the resources.
    Started last Saturday with 29% bonus, ended the day on 139% and by Sunday night it was 187% as I waited for the last couple of Daily Challenge sprinkles to get the 5th Hideaway.
    Be about 280% when I do the upgrades, not bad for a young town.
  • "1-Graham-S;c-2227495" wrote:
    Cool !!
    My new 3rd town unlocked SH last weekend - it's a month old today - and I've been thinking what to do with those Hideaway upgrades when I grind out the resources.
    Started last Saturday with 29% bonus, ended the day on 139% and by Sunday night it was 187% as I waited for the last couple of Daily Challenge sprinkles to get the 5th Hideaway.
    Be about 280% when I do the upgrades, not bad for a young town.

I did not realize for a long time that there's so much bonus to accrue with the beach hideaway items. Once i read a post here about it, it became a challenge to make a realistic design using every single piece!
  • one of the things I like about this design is the pier tiles supporting the balloons, hot tubs, and Knightboats. When I started building this, and it was time to place piers at the lower level closer to the water surface, I realized that I couldnt get all the stairs to land appropriately. So I had to deconstruct and rebuild the entire resort starting w the pier tiles FIRST.

Spacing of the segments all include factors like safe stairways, no un-arched walkways in front of doorways, privacy panels between cabanas, lagoon channel clearance for boats and jetskis, unobstructed sea view of the horizon, etc.

The layout of the resort includes (theoretically) a public main entrance and day spa reception room, a lodging front desk check-in room, a SqPrt concierge room, a spa room, and a housekeeping room.

Space planning has been a previous occupation so I cannot help but think of designing in this manner, it just occurs to me to include proportionate parking and trash svcs at this point, like it feels unbalanced w/o it. It seems silly in the game of it all, but maybe its subconsciously keeping my skills sharp while im not doing that kind of work atm. LoL

Anyone else find themselves applying work skills to your SF? let's hear about it! ?

• My A town post-nuke plan is to build a town that looks like somewhere real and has just enough that everyone is unlocked and has a job-slot for all the UO Send . .
    Follow that with some Themed bits - Mad Max, Halloweennie, Festive and Future and see what's left I want to place - don't need to fret about bonus, from left of SH to the end on the last available tiles away from the ocean is 624 Snowcats wide !! ( IIRC )