Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Why was Christmas Day not recognised this year?

Yeah, the hundred plus five weeks of Mononuts just aren't enough. :roll:
  • Like the old saying goes "you can't please everyone". Someone will always find something to whine about. That's their prerogative and they are entitled to their opinion I suppose. I for one have been very pleased with this event.
  • Obviously you last couple of commenters didn't read the thread. It's not about getting free stuff it's the fact they didn't mention Christmas Day on Christmas Day! I'm sure Ned wouldn't be happy about that. Obviously just as you get annoyed & feel the need to comment about people being annoyed or bothered then the answer is yes, it did bother me!! Just as this thread bothered you, people are allowed to be bothered by things, we're all individuals!
    I appreciate there's lots of christmas themed 'free stuff' I just thought ignoring the day - not even Ned mentioning it - was odd!
  • zoeb253 wrote:
    Obviously you last couple of commenters didn't read the thread. It's not about getting free stuff it's the fact they didn't mention Christmas Day on Christmas Day! I'm sure Ned wouldn't be happy about that. Obviously just as you get annoyed & feel the need to comment about people being annoyed or bothered then the answer is yes, it did bother me!! Just as this thread bothered you, people are allowed to be bothered by things, we're all individuals!
    I appreciate there's lots of christmas themed 'free stuff' I just thought ignoring the day - not even Ned mentioning it - was odd!

I think you're missing their points.

1. There was plenty of reference to Christmas, which is one of several holidays occurring at this time of year.

2. Who is any Christian to expect a direct reference to your preferred holiday, when there was no direct reference to Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Festivus, or any other religious variant?

I'm sick of hypocrite Christians whining about how there's not enough reference to Christmas anymore. When the fact is there's been excess reference to it in America for years. You're not the center of the universe. Get over yourselves.

There's no reason to NOT say "Merry Christmas" if you celebrate it, but there's no justification for beating someone with a crucifix if they don't.

And p.s. it's a game based on a comedy program. Anyone disagreeing with their religion, politics, or etc can step away at any time your expectations aren't being met.

Peace out. and I'm Catholic so eat it.

(The body of CHR l S T, of course)

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,380 PostsLatest Activity: 25 minutes ago