Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Canceling scratch ticket

Avistew wrote:
Hey, it's kind of a silly problem, but I accidentally clicked on a Scratch ticket before it was ready (I was collecting resources from the houses and tapped too fast). It didn't ask me to confirm and instead took 3 donuts from me, and I was stuck on the ticket page.

I tried hitting back, even logged off and back on, I would always get back in the game with the ticket. I hadn't touched the ticket yet so I think I should have been able to cancel.

Eventually I ended up scratching it, but I was (and still am) a little bit annoyed. I don't get donuts very often and using 3 at once for something so unimportant is annoying. For future reference, is there a way not to spend the donuts on tickets? Normally whenever I accidentally click something that costs donuts, they ask me to confirm. They didn't this time.

Thanks.

Turn on your confirm spend in the options and you can't cancel them
  • Thanks. I guess I'll look for that option again. I normally play with my phone but was on my tablet, do the options have to be changed individually on each device rather than being account-wide? Because it normally does ask me to confirm for everything else.
  • Avistew wrote:
    I normally play with my phone but was on my tablet, do the options have to be changed individually on each device rather than being account-wide?

It is per device. So if you log into your town on a third device, you would need to activate it there as well.

To turn on:
    1. Click the build menu (saw icon - lower right)
    2. Click the i at the top right of the menu
    3. Click "yes" for donut confirm.
  • Thanks so much! I didn't realise I had to do it with each device and couldn't remember how I did it the first time around (it was about a year ago).

Well, I guess it's a good think this happened with a 3 donut cost thing rather than a much higher one :) Still frustrated but it's my own fault. Thanks a lot for the info.