Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Question about Gold and upgrade

No- your gold total will not decrease. Gold is cumulative and cannot go down
  • I'm with the majority

I can upgrade my characters at the same time without loss to my prize level.
  • Edited: I absolutely thought I had been been losing my gold as I spent it, and so purposefully haven't done any more upgrading until I unlocked marge. From your answers I decided to experiment.

I had 5352 gold on both the main screen and the personal prizes screen. So that I can get past the prince and the premise part 15 I upgraded Bart one level (2100) and both numbers stayed the same. I upgraded him again (3100? I wasn't paying as good of attention) and same count. I just got Lisa to the right levels too. Thanks for the information!
  • I am having the same issue i was upgrading all my characters and never thought to look at my gold but i have bart, lisa and homer all at lvl 6 now but am only at ab 5600 gold showing for rewards. Are we supposed to save gold till we get prizes?
  • dman872009 wrote:
    I am having the same issue i was upgrading all my characters and never thought to look at my gold but i have bart, lisa and homer all at lvl 6 now but am only at ab 5600 gold showing for rewards. Are we supposed to save gold till we get prizes?

Smilee306 wrote:
    Edited: I absolutely thought I had been been losing my gold as I spent it, and so purposefully haven't done any more upgrading until I unlocked marge. From your answers I decided to experiment.

I had 5352 gold on both the main screen and the personal prizes screen. So that I can get past the prince and the premise part 15 I upgraded Bart one level (2100) and both numbers stayed the same. I upgraded him again (3100? I wasn't paying as good of attention) and same count. I just got Lisa to the right levels too. Thanks for the information!

I think you guys are confusing elixir and gold. Elixir is spendable, either on decorations or upgrading the castles. Gold is just a total number for prizes. It builds up significantly slower. When you upgrade Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, you just need to have that acquired that amount. Same with the prizes.