Ideas

07darkwolf70
New Spectator
3 months ago
Under Investigation

Romantic Relationships decay/become negative fast with no interaction

I am playing with the new expansion pack Lovestruck. My sim started seeing another sim as a partner. Every time I do a romantic social, the romance bar will go up, then start depleting so fast it's like they just started a romantic relationship. This prevents my sim from proposing marriage to the partner sim. This is a game breaking bug, for I can't seem to get romance up even when I'm following the date activities. Plus, the partner sims keeps extending the date even with an almost nothing romance bar.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title fit bug report at AHQ

• i think I fixed it. My romance bar between two of my sims went into the red after the household to a new lot and after they developed fears around relationships (fear of being cheated on and fear of being alone). I disabled wants and fears in my game. I didn’t love them to begin with, so they won’t be missed. Then I used a cheat to get the relationship back to 100 and it seems to be just fine now. No more rapid decay. 

• im having this problem allso i tired going on a date but in like 5 hours after the date the bar dropped to red while they where at work.

• I'm also having the same issue. I don't use any mods either. It only seems to happen once my sims are married. Super frustrating. 

xenag3
    New Spectator

All romantic relationships completely disappear after a couple of hours of building them! Extremely frustrating bug cannot do any romantic interactions anymore because there is not more pink bar. 

• Hey everyone, I was having this same issue with one of my couples, it seems like having them become best friends fixed it, although I've yet to see if this holds up long term!

DeathWish097
      New Spectator

In my legacy I am running my sim was already Best Friends with his boyfriend and that didn't keep it from happening. They just moved in and are flirting successfully all the time but keep threatening to break up in the notifications and their romance bar has completely evaporated in seconds.

• I am also having this issue. I literally just watched my romance bar with my boyfriend go from fully pink, then instantly drain, and go completely red. All in the span of a sim hr. As they were watching the sky together. And then it kept glitching around for what color the bar was.

DanicaGail
      New Spectator

Same, and unfortunately it was a false alarm. I've just been using ui cheats to cheat it back to full because this is so frustrating.

• I am having this bug as well. Just had it happen three times after using cheats to refill my sims romance bar back to where it was, and it drained to zero each time over the holiday of Winterfest. 

Jehane40
    Rising Vanguard

Is there a fix yet? I'm having the same problem with one of my Sims couples - I created them over a year ago, they have been happily married ever since, have five kids, are best friends and right up until Lovestruck, they were the picture-perfect couple. Then their relationship started to decline - at first I thought all I had to do was go into CaS and adjust the attraction system so they would go from "I think you're ok" to "OMG you're awesome". That did work, but last time I checked, that romance bar was maybe one third full, and the wife was having anxiety issues she wanted to talk about. 

So I had them do all sorts of romantic interactions, had her talk to the husband to get rid of that anxiety, and bam!, that romance bar was back at 100 %.

Then I accompanied her to work (she's a scientist), and when she got back home, that bloody romance bar was half-empty again because she hadn't seen her husband since breakfast. So more romantic interactions, stargazing, woohoo, you name it. 

I don't mind doing all those interactions, and I think Lovestruck added a few really cute ones (I love that they can cuddle and fall asleep cuddling), but it's absolutely insane that the romance bar goes down so fast with two Sims who have always been very much in love and super-happy.

Next time I play, I'll adjust that attraction system even further and click every trait the other Sim has, and I think I'm gonna disable the jealousy system for those two because it doesn't make any sense for them. Also, disabling wants and fears might be worth a try.

EmK_1000
    New Spectator

i will have a date with a sim and build the romance bar all the way to the top, and then when my sim wakes up the next morning, the bar is completely gone! it makes it really difficult to complete the serial romantic aspiration, and impossible to keep a partner happy when i don’t live with them. this is a deal breaker for the game, it makes me want to quit. i am unable to work around it and play the game normally like with some other bugs. please place this high on the priority list to fix!  never again will i buy a pack when it first comes out. 

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 4 minutes ago