Forum Discussion

9 days ago

Swooping is bad - Dragon Age Origins discussion

We need a Dragon Age Origins 'general discussion' thread to kick us off, so here is one.

For starters, which Origin do you go with? I tend to go City Elf because it's the most dramatic opening in my view. 😮

• My favourite is dwarf noble.

For starters, the origin itself. I think the betrayal is something many players will see coming, but I really like the riches to rags kind of story where your rich noble character gets thrown into a tunnel to die, then fights their way through the darkspawn by using the armor and weapons they take off dead dwarves and darkspawn.

I also enjoy that Aeducan doesn't really know much about the world above, making them a good audience surrogate. Plus, being a dwarf, the darkspawn threat is very real to them, making the character an appropriate fit for the Wardens.

• I really liked the Aeducan origin because you feel very relevant when returning to Ozammar, though it does make your choice over Bhelen very obvious. 😆

Fred_vdp
      Hero+

My Aeducan was very pragmatic. Despite the betrayal, I chose Bhelen because his policies have a better chance of ensuring Orzammar's survival.

But I like that both the dwarf noble and commoner storylines are tied to Bhelen. It makes for interesting perspectives. The choice is more of a no-brainer for the commoner, I think.

EA_Illium
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

I usually go with Human Noble, I like how you get your Marbari out of the kitchen, losing family and being on a path of revenge before everything happens is a great opener. 

EA_Shepard
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

I seem to tend more towards the Elf lore. Being a huge RPG and fantasy game player, if there is an Elf or anything mythical in any way I start that one. I love the lore for this one more as it seems more dramatic (in a positive way) but they, like the dwarfs, to me at least were way more closely grouped and family-oriented. 

But as mentioned the Dwarfs and the DarkSpawn! I love it when stories get deeper into lore and history which is why I loved DAO.