Forum Discussion

JesLet40
Seasoned Ace
2 months ago

Can we have an updates on the forum-feedback?

This forum has been live for a while now, and at least from the Sims-community, the forum has gotten som harsh, but fair and well deserved, feedback by users. So my question is if we could get some updates about where we stand on those issues and when we can expect some improvements? 

Primarily I'd like updates on the following: 

• Forum performance. What is being done to address the massive performance issues on the site? Pages not loading correctly, or at all, loading being slow, images not displaying as they should, the constant log outs and difficulty logging in... where do we stand on those issues? (Seriously EA cannot possibly be content with the performance)
  • Personal avatars for all users. One of the major wishes from the community was personal avatars, to express our personality and recognise each other. Where do we stand on this?
  • Page loading vs. pages - is there anyway to get pages back instead of infinit loading more on larger threads?
  • Customisable feed so the thread starts in a logical way, and ways for the forum to remember where I left off instead of me having to start over each time I get back into a thread. This needs to be prioritized, longer threads are more or less unreadable at the moment. 
  • Spoiler tags on comments so to simplify loading times. 
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7To be honest, I don't think the EA reps are reading these threads anymore. I did tag EA_Cadesince he has been with us from the old forum and EA_David and EA_Nils (who were the two people who responded in earlier feedback thread) in another thread, with a simmer quitting the forums because of this, asking if they've seen it and what they want to do about it. None of them have replied or acknowledged that they've even seen it. I am fairly sure no one will ever reply to this thread either, they certainly have not shown any interest so far. To be fair I'm not even sure who I should tag about this, but I doubt it matters. I really don't think they're reading.

At this point, I just post updates to my story and the decades outfits and reply and read very little to anything else. I still log on every day, look around, remind myself that even if I have missed something I'd be interested in, I'd never in a million years find it, and close the web page. I miss the community we had, and I keep hoping we'll find some way to get it back, but I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that it won't be here. Where you'd before get a lot of thumbs up and at least a few replies if you engaged in a discussion, there is nothing but silence now. 

CAPTAIN_NXR7
      Seasoned Hotshot

I'm afraid you're right, this forum is not what we asked for, but it's what we get.

There doesn't even seem to be an announcement section for community managers to give general updates. Or maybe it's there but I cannot see it, like so many other posts and threads.

This forum's poor navigation design sucks the joy out of it all for sure and I still don't understand who gave the green light to launch this absolute trainwreck. Genius move.
      Not.

PandoraTO
        Seasoned Adventurer

The ironic part is how a mod actually replied to JesLet40 below, but you can't see it in this horrible forum layout because it's nested 4 levels deep. I only clicked "Show More" because I happen to be on desktop; I wouldn't have bothered if I was on my phone. I'm sure most people won't see it at all. 

I'm not even trying to use the new TS4 forum at this point. I actually wonder why people don't just go back over to the AHQ forums, since they're still there. AHQ is not as user-friendly as the old forums, but at least there the threads are chronological, with numbered pages. 

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

Some feedback on our feedback would be nice. All the points mentioned by the OP are reasonable requests in my humble opinion .

Especially the way replies are loaded is preventing me from engaging in long lasting discussions which I loved on the old forum. Being able to jump to the oldest unread post and then have the rest loaded chronologically is sorely needed. 

ImSands
    Seasoned Traveler

I totally agree with OP. It would be much appreciated to have some communication that our feedback and voice is being heard and what steps will (or will not) be taken to address all the challenges Simmers have raised. For me the biggest issues is that replies are not displayed chronologically and its next to impossible find all those new replies without having to scan through numerous reloads of old replies.

CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Hotshot

I agree with you JesLet40 , it would be helpful to get some sort of update on the Sims-community feedback. We've been respectfully loud and clear, but very little has been acknowledged so far. I'm not sure if  EA representatives even see these forum feedback posts anymore since this one is from half a month ago. Perhaps it's best to tag them. 

Please elaborate EA, no more "We hear you". No more being vague. Be clear about how you intend to solve the issues mentioned in the OP, if at all. Give us a timeframe. 

If you have no intention of making this forum a simmer friendly home, we would like to know too, so we can stop wasting time and energy on giving feedback. I'm sure an official forum is where most simmers want to be, but if you'd rather us move on to greener pastures...well, sad, but no problem. At least let us know where you stand on the matter, so we can all march on. Thank you. 🙏🏻

• Agrees with the OP. I want more sub forums like ideas corner,sims 4 packs and speculation. Also it gets annoying having to log in every time I come here.

EA_David
    Icon for Community Admin rankCommunity Admin

Hi, we just wanted to pop in with a blog we posted, detailing what we've been working on in the background. Lots of stuff is very much WIP, and the list isn't exhaustive, but hopefully the info here is helpful: Link

pacer1965
    Seasoned Adventurer

I think your old name was Jal on the old forum. Sorry if it's not.I think you wrote the Whittaker saga? I can't read it on here any more because of how this forum works

JesLet40
      Seasoned Ace

pacer1965Yes you are right, I was JAL and yes I do write the Whittaker saga. But you don't need to worry, I have given up on this forum for my story, but instead moved it to a blog where it's much easier to read. On the forum I just post the link to the newest chapter. You'll find it here if you want to keep reding (in the menue on the left you can find a list of all chapters in chronological order). 

pacer1965
        Seasoned Adventurer

Thank you. I do agree with  what you mentioned from your OP. Someone from EA needs to go check on the old forum to see how it worked because it's not very user friendly on here.I don't look forward to coming on here like I did the old forum 

About Questions & Feedback on EA Forums' functionality

Ask questions about EA Forums' functionality and give feedback on new features & design during the forum launch.119 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago