Forum Discussion

ARCTICORNE
Rising Rookie
3 months ago

EA Forums Feedback

Hello, 🌞

The new platform looks promising and has a lot of potential. However, I wanted to share some feedback based on my recent experience.

I found myself feeling a bit lost navigating through the forums. The current structure makes it challenging to find topics relevant to my interests. To improve the user experience, I suggest implementing a Home Feed feature. This feed could display topics from posts related to specific games we choose to follow. Therefore,  any posts about Games not selected won't appear in the feed. This way, we can have a more personalized and streamlined experience, focusing only on the content that matters most to us.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing how the forums evolve!🤝

• Hello,

I didn't want to start a new discussion, so I'll add my future feedback as replies here.

• I don't know if it's just me, but I keep getting disconnected from the forums intermittently.
      JesLet40
      Seasoned Ace

It's not just you, I have been logged out several times even while editing. I think it's a feature of the forum, where you get logged off after a certain amount of time has elapsed. A security measure that makes sense on bank- or medical logins but seems like overkill when it comes to a game forum.  

EA_Nils
    Icon for Community Admin rankCommunity Admin

This is great feedback, thank you so much! We love the idea of a customized feed and it's on our roadmap.

There are just some issues that we need to work on first...

EA_Nils

We are of course looking into the issues where users get randomly logged out after a short period of time. This is not intended, users should have to be inactive for a much longer period of time than what's happening right now.

• I'm totally fine leaving the old forum and moving over here except for two things:  Having my own "wall" and customizable avatars.  It is my understanding that they are working on the avatar issue, though! Other than that, it's P A R T Y T I M E!!!

• I also get disconnected but I click on Sign in and it reconnects me automatically. I didn't click on Remember me.  

Kendrana
      Seasoned Traveler

Is there a way to have the forums itself remember you? Or are you talking about through your internet browser? My browser only seems to store user names and passwords for certain sites (this not being one of them). Like has been mentioned by some, it sometimes does reconnect when clicking "sign in," but even that is annoying because I get logged out at random and don't realize it immediately. Hopefully this is something that will be fixed at some point.

EA_Nils

The forums can remember you via "Cookies". They are very small files stored on your locale drive that save some data that can authenticate you.