Forum Discussion

mcrudd
Seasoned Adventurer
3 months ago

Fixing the new forums images

Hi simmers.  It is Melanie aka mcrudd here. I have joined the new forums and is looking around. I am very lost at the moment, I can see that a lot of my threads did manage to come over, although the only way I can find them is via my profile page, I am unable to locate them via the new menus. I also noted that all of my images are broken, I am not too bothered about the gameplay screenshots, but all my mods and baby clothes photo's are gone too. It does also not seem to be a clickable link for you guys to click on, so I have no idea how to fix all this. I am postop at home, had surgery 5 days ago so am a little loopy at the moment, but would love to fix and understand the new forums before the release of the new pack so that I can test all my mods and so forth for you guys like I used too. I would appreciate any input, help, advice you have for me on when and how to fix this, and what you guys have managed to figure out and so on. I am a new spectator that joined 16 years ago ;)

• Hello 🙂 It is great to see you here!

If you click on the top right hand side of the post, and click edit, then copy the image link, click the camera icon at the bottom of your post and choose to insert image from URL link, then insert. This will insert the image into your post.

To make a clickable link, click the symbol next to the camera icon, then insert the url link there, then click insert. 
    I hope that your recovery from your surgery does well. Sending hugs❤️

• Hello 🙂 It is great to see you here!

If you click on the top right hand side of the post, and click edit, then copy the image link, click the camera icon at the bottom of your post and choose to insert image from URL link, then insert. This will insert the image into your post.

To make a clickable link, click the symbol next to the camera icon, then insert the url link there, then click insert. 
    I hope that your recovery from your surgery does well. Sending hugs❤️

mcrudd
    Seasoned Adventurer

Hi all. I just want to apologize. I had a bit of complications after returning home from surgery so only managed to update one thread so far. I also am unable to lift my laptop myself so cant use it since hubby is back at work. I promise to update my game and test my mods as soon as I am able too. At the moment for now I am on my mobile phone, sorry all 

rosemow
      Hero

I am so sorry that you have had complications after your surgery. I send hugs to you ❤️You don’t need to apologise at all! You and your health are the most important things. Please just try to rest and recover from your surgery.

• I'm also completely lost here. 

Can anyone tell me how I get to the end of a very long post, so that I can read the latest posts, rather than having to start at the beginning? I'm trying to look at the latest input on a seven year old topic, and cannot work out how to do that! 

rosemow
      Hero

You can click the little arrow on the top right hand side under the main post of the thread and change it to “ newest” instead.

grnblz
    Rising Traveler

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery.

• Hi mcrudd, nice to see you (ex February11 from sims4)

Hope You manage to retrieve all your hard work 😊

• Welcome, mcrudd, so glad to see you here. I hope you recover well from your surgery. I was also so very lost when I first came over here. It's a true odyssey. I haven't a clue about fixing links. I had written up a couple of updates for my story, and as I was accustomed wrote in [Spoiler] placed the links from imjur, only to find a person has to click on said link before they can see the image.  I have two laptops. This one, my gaming unit and the resuscitated old one that went kablooey on me.

I write on the older one. Why not? It's got an entirely new hard drive and a newer version of WordPerfect on it, plus a few gig.  Both have imjur. But I have found it is far easier to take the pictures from my computer. That required I transfer Screenshot folders over to the second computer.  Before I could place the pictures in my story (which has to be done on site) my wi-fi decided to kick that computer off of it. GRRR. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Simmerville
    Seasoned Veteran

You can edit your old posts to fix this. In my old posts the img links were written in text  without showing the linked image. I just marked and copied that url text, then  clicked the camera icon, chose "img by url", pasted and pressed enter. If your images are stored on your computer you can choose the other camera option and upload them directly from computer to the forum post.

Also - to make more ppl find your old posts, it might help to add tags to them. I think it can only be done in the first post of a new thread/discussion. I also think the tags are still being modified a bit by moderators, so maybe just add the obvious for your most important posts now, and check back later for the rest? I don't know if the system will be expanded with more tags, but I guess the biggest changes might come shortly after the forum went public.

mcrudd
    Seasoned Adventurer

Thanks all for your advice and help <3 I am off to give this a go, having a less loopy day today, so thought why not give it a go, lets see what happens ;)