Forum Discussion

mcrudd
Seasoned Adventurer
2 months ago

New forum log in badges not unlocking

I have logged in to the new forums quite a few times but for some reason the forums must not be recognizing my log ins. The badge for just logging in once is not even unlocked. Has anybody else's been unlocked? I know the badges are working since I have 40 unlocked, but I just find it strange that a simple one like logging in to the forums are not working.

also has anyone noticed that the forums always opens on a random page of the Simpsons? I have it bookmarked on the sims 4 page but it never opens the way I bookmarked it. 

• There's a bug with the login event not correctly triggering for badges. We've raised it and it is being investigated. (see similar thread here: Badge for logging in? | EA Forums - 4951054 

We are also tracking the other issues you reported:

• Bookmarks not working, requiring a cache clear (Ctrl+F5) to fix.
    • Link 'misdirection'

• I have noticed my bookmarked page never loading. Normally I get a message that they can't find that URL almost every single time and I have to go to forums, then to The Sims, then to Sims 4 ..... every time.

• The login badges haven't unlocked for me either. I've also had some problems with my bookmark sending me to the wrong page or not being found at all. I've learned to use Ctrl-F5 when I get a message that the URL can't be found, which usually clears up the problem for a few days. I think both issues must be forum problems. 

• I have exactly the same issue with the log-in badges. Ever since this forum started I've logged in multiple times most days (especially because the forum is forever logging me out!), yet I don't have a single log-in badge. But I did earn at least one badge I know I don't deserve (for starting a certain number of threads), so there's something a bit strange about them.

And also yes, when I click on any link to another thread in this forum, I'm never quite sure now exactly where I'll end up. Quite often I'll be in a totally different area of the forum.

EA_Nils
    Icon for Community Admin rankCommunity Admin

There's a bug with the login event not correctly triggering for badges. We've raised it and it is being investigated. (see similar thread here: Badge for logging in? | EA Forums - 4951054 

We are also tracking the other issues you reported:

• Bookmarks not working, requiring a cache clear (Ctrl+F5) to fix.
    • Link 'misdirection'

mcrudd
      Seasoned Adventurer

Thank you so much for the reply and link, its very appreciated. We will wait until  it is fixed :)

About Questions & Feedback on EA Forums' functionality

Ask questions about EA Forums' functionality and give feedback on new features & design during the forum launch.117 PostsLatest Activity: 4 hours ago