Forum Discussion

Lizzielilyy
Seasoned Veteran
2 months ago

New Sims Forum Feedback

Hi! This is for the team at EA who are hopefully picking up on feedback and looking to constantly improve these new forums. 

What I’d like to stress, and ask for from all us lovely Simmers, is that this isn’t a place for being overly negative, aggressive or angry towards the team or specific staff. I’ve seen quite a few reactions that are just that and if we want to improve things, while we don’t have to be overly positive either, we need to be constructive at least. 

Having been a member of the original Sims forums and the newer rendition in recent years, I think it’s fair to say what keeps the forums running is the sense of community. So a few things I think that would help this would be:

customisation for profiles - avatars, signatures, adding social media links or blogs/websites so we can find each other elsewhere. 

Paying specific attention to each rendition of the game, the Sims 3 community is massive and has been around a lot longer. So please consider us when making changes! I can see the sims 4 forum/threads already have plenty more tags and options than ours do as well as sub forums that we haven’t been able to keep. We have a whole community of storytellers that benefitted from the stories and legacies subforum and whether the game is 15 years old or not it deserves to live on. 

Changes to the formatting of threads and replies. I’ve noticed it is already hiding multiple replies under a “show more” filter which limits conversation. Also nesting replies is confusing, the original board style was much easier to navigate and chat on, which is what these forums are all about. As already highlighted, changing the automatic filtering by likes to newest would make it feel more relevant and conversational as a quick fix in the mean time. 

I personally miss being able to bookmark threads, especially since the sims 3 forums have lost our sub forums and all the migrated ones are in the franchise discussion (please rectify this!). I can’t navigate to what I want to read and am losing track of what I’ve chatted on unless I get notified. 

Could we also have a list of the rankings just out of interest? I have no idea what a traveler is but apparently I am one 😂 

As always, super grateful to the team for taking feedback on board and looking forward to improvements and developments as they come! 

Happy Simming! 
Lizzie 

107 Replies

About Questions & Feedback on EA Forums' functionality

Ask questions about EA Forums' functionality and give feedback on new features & design during the forum launch.100 PostsLatest Activity: 12 hours ago