Forum Discussion

zcp212
Seasoned Newcomer
3 months ago

New SWGOH Forums = A Surprising Step Backwards

With the new forum design I look at the screen and I just see a giant continuous block of black and white text where everything just blends together, to create not much of anything at all.

The old forums were dare I say a beloved place to visit. Where we all looked forward to learning and sharing about our game.

And now the forum feels homogeneous, far less user friendly, confusing to navigate (and not because it's new), and just like I need to do work now when I visit to find what I came for, work that wasn't needed before with the old forums.

I wouldn’t be surprised if engagement on the forums goes significantly down because it genuinely “feels” prohibitively harder to use the forums now.

• I agree that the forums feel a bit clunky right now. It's hard to see new posts,  I wish there was a way to set preferences that I always want to see the latest thread by default. I think it's new, not everyone has migrated over, and the forums aren't fully done or in their final stages.

I am hoping that lot more features will be rolling out of time. Right now the forums aren't able to embed photos or drop in hyperlinks but that doesn't mean it isn't coming. They'll probably be looking for feedback and there may even be surveys/polls in the near future.