Forum Discussion

crzydroid
Seasoned Traveler
2 months ago

Please add page numbers

When a thread has many replies, it is very inconvenient to see the latest replies. There are nor page numbers, nor is there true incremental loading. You can click "show more," which adds a few replies, but instead of just expanding, it takes you back to the top of the page, which is extremely annoying. 

Please consider adding page number functionality so users can skip to any point in the replies. 

Chrome on android.

Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer

I agree. It's been mentioned in other threads, but "Show More" doesn't always work, making many posts that are not the newest, oldest, or most liked impossible to read (ex. The Art of Sims Storytelling, What Happened in Your Games (for some reason I cannot reply to this thread with any links and keep getting timed out ๐Ÿ˜” and warned about posting too much even though I haven't posted today, which is another problem)).  Adding more posts to "Show More" won't fix this. We need a clear way of knowing where we are in a thread and the ability to quickly navigate to unread posts.  

I see that admins are working hard to change things, but I'm honestly disappointed that readability wasn't prioritized. It was implied that these forums would be able to function as discussion forums, but if we can't easily read posts, we can't really have discussions. 

LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard

Yes! Please. This forum is awful to use. Awful! I'm only hanging on because I've been part of the forums since Sims 2 and I don't want to lose that part of the experience.

joleaco
    Seasoned Rookie

I agree, these forums are so clunky and not suited to how the Sims community usually communicates. Reading through a thread now taking multiple clicks instead of just clicking "next page".

The conversation is hard to understand when replies to a reply needs to be clicked open to read, it just doesn't flow like the old forums. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Dreamerz13
    Seasoned Adventurer

Agreed. This is a very awkward format to read. I liked what we had on the old Sims forums (I don't know how it was for the other games we've joined with). I get moving everything to a central location but I wish we hadn't ditched a nice easy to read and use format to do so.

• No kidding! At first I thought I was doing something wrong. I can't believe this is how it works, for real! It's almost the same as buying a new expansion pack - full of bugs! Or an update that is supposed to fix some things, but then end up breaking others.... ๐Ÿ™„
    Well, well, well - what else could we expect? I am seriously annoyed. I have used the forums for over 11 years - and now this? I don't expect to be using them much anymore. 

It also sometimes takes you to other forums (Star Wars etc) as if it's bugged? This all makes me sad. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

I am on a pc.