Forum Discussion

SturmWolfe
Seasoned Rookie
3 days ago

Checking and AI not working (video proof)

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/rr2iBJbsEy

Here you can see I stick check my opponent about 3 or 4 times. I also position me and my ai behind the net to get the puck. That still isn't enough. I then poke check again and my opponent gets the puck back somehow and scores a weird goal. 

The checking in this game is pretty broken and the AI doesn't do a good job at applying pressure to help gain puck possession. 

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

The shot has an awkward animation. I'll send that over, but I don't see any issues with the AI players not picking up the puck. The carrier is in the best position for regaining possession.

SturmWolfe
      Seasoned Rookie

Then what's the point of having AI if they're not going to help apply pressure on the puck carrier when they're in a puck battle?

I press my opponent against the boards and my AI come to fish the puck out but they can't help stick check in this situation?

You make it sound like the AI is purposefully useless. 

EA_Aljo
        Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

They're not purposely useless. Humans, in most every case, are going to be better than AI players. They are still very useful though. I have seen AI defenders play quite well. I've also seen them play not so well. Which is very similar to human players. You could easily find humans that can't play as well as AI just as you can find humans that are better than AI. Skilled players are going to recognize their behavior and be better at getting past them.

• The checking is broken because ppl are holding LT and hugging the boards. You should play champs, everyone is spamming D2D one tees to score and spinning in circles to avoid hits. I'm pretty much done with this game and ready to commit to FC 25 for the year. The prizes for top 100 in champs includes 2k coins.... I'm not even joking, it literally says 2k coins.