Forum Discussion

Tylytys
Seasoned Novice
12 days ago

Chel player diversity

Yes there is none. Every forward is little as possible to be as fast as possible. And they are way too fast. Just fly past defenders and go score. There is no way defenders to catch them. It's so **bleep** boring that everybody is playing this way. 

SummerOfDekes
    Seasoned Vanguard

Gotta agree. My defensive builds are around 94 or 95 speed/acceleration and it feels like I'm always about to get blown by even if I have a step on forwards. I'm not sure if it's a speed boost glitch that I'm not aware of or what, but it's frustrating.

It also sucks that even though they made the game slower and took out elite edges, the meta on offense is still to be as small and fast as possible, which means that big, physical defensive builds are a non-starter because they can't keep up with the speed.

SoupyNuttz
      Rising Novice

I swear I saw a splash screen showing elite edges the other day during my trial. 

• Yeah, the defensive attributes/size just aren't worth pouring stats into. Being a body in position (speed/agility/acceleration) trumps any of the edge a defensive player has making the right play with actual defensive tools. It especially gets compounded when any of the offensive moves have absolutely no impact on stamina/puck control, so you can spam moves, protect puck, and glitch animations to your heart's content.

Also, removing those boosts from the custom builds only to still allow them, elite edges, and wheels on the premade builds is a real head scratcher.