Forum Discussion

KL1891
Seasoned Newcomer
2 days ago

Franchise questions

What additional access will we have to edit our franchise experience in NHL 25?

Really hoping for the ability to edit strategies, player positions and players attributes in general. 

Bought every version since 2001 and want full control back. The other EA titles do it? Why not NHL?

kyl_35
    Seasoned Rookie

Well now that all the ratings have finally been released maybe they’ll release that franchise deep dive that is now 3+ days late and hopefully it’ll answer these questions. I’ll continue to wish in one hand… 

EA_Aljo
      Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

The Franchise news is not late. It's scheduled for mid September. We didn't get an actual day. Regardless, it's now the middle of the month so news should be coming soon.

kyl_35
        Seasoned Rookie

The timeline said “early-mid September”.  

Stunning_daddy
    Seasoned Newcomer

This is my main concern as well.  The lack of creative control over my franchise mode really limits my enjoyment of it.  I can't think of another sports game that is as restrictive as NHL.  Ideally, the series will start to go more in the direction of 2K's NBA series in regards to creative freedom. 

I want to be able to force wins, force trades/signings, edit contracts and attributes, edit draft prospects, change appearances and biographical information of generated players, etc.  It would really alleviate a lot of the annoyances in the game mode.  Until some basic options are opened up, I just can't really get excited about the game. 

Caliboy6262_714
      Seasoned Newcomer

I don’t think that level of customization will ever be possible unfortunately. In all fairness NBA 2k really is the only series with that level of customization. To be honest, NHL has made a lot of really positive strides with franchise mode over the last few years. From the introduction of coaching staffs, to the revamped scouting, right down to the player line fits and personalities. Does it all work 100%. No. But they have been adding things for years when other series franchise modes remained stagnant. I have been singing their praises for years over at OS. But like I said. This marketing cycle is just bizarre. To be so reluctant to put information out is just…… well, bizarre 

jjbyrd04
        Seasoned Newcomer

Caliboy6262_714 

Positive strides?….

1. Removing all significant player editing capabilities
        2. Removing strategy editing
        3. Adding coaches that aren’t wired up to anything
        4. Generating prospects that have had missing preference templates since strategies were implemented
        5. Adding strategies that never match up to player preferences
        6. Broken contract, trade, and free agency logic
        7. A clunky, poorly implemented, and underwhelming trade deadline mechanic that resets all of your lines afterward
        8. Meaningless owner goals that have no influence or impact
        9. Lack of GM progress/tracking throughout career. You can’t even see how many years are remaining on your current GM contract.
        10. An impossible to navigate player listing system that shoots you back to the top if you try to use triggers to scroll through them in profile view
        11. AHL rosters not utilizing AHL only contracts to compensate for NHL callups forcing you to use contract slots.
        12. Game breaking presentation bugs causing crashes due to broken cinematics resulting in the removal of nearly all presentation cinematics.
        13. All of this sitting on top of an additional mountain of bugs that have gone unfixed, and you think that’s positive strides?

This is just tip of the iceberg.

Franchise mode has been a train wreck for the better part of a decade and, in addition to all the features they’ve removed unwarranted, everything they’ve added over that time has been nothing short of fluff.

They can’t even get roster limits during preseason - season - and after the trade deadline correct. 50 - 23 - 50 by the way.

This game needs an entirely new and fresh group of upper management behind it because what they have right now sucks.

Ive tried for years to give constructive feedback on franchise mode the past several years, but I can only reiterate the same exact problems that have plagued this mode so many times before I realized it was all falling on deaf ears.

I pray every year they prove me wrong, but unfortunately…

Caliboy6262_714
    Seasoned Newcomer

You will get no answers on this forum. In fact I think the whole reason they are being this tight lipped is because this whole “revamped” version of franchise is going to be an extremely dumbed down version. They went exclusively to new gen this year and are using buzzwords like “streamlined” and “easy to digest” which are usually buzzwords for things being removed. It’s 9 days until early release. They are asking for $100 for the early access version of the game. Yet no one really even knows what they are getting for that $100 price because we have gotten no information whatsoever about what will be included in the game modes. 9 days out. I have never seen anything like it. Usually a studio would be slamming the internet with information trying to drive up pre-orders for their deluxe version of the game. Instead we have player ratings and a tik tok video of the “grudge match” system. It’s bizarre.