Forum Discussion

Stubo_NHL24
Rising Rookie
5 hours ago

Glitch goals carrying over from 24?

Are we going to see the same scenarios over and over again like 24.

We had the cross crease goals that tbf was mostly fixed. They still go in from time to time but they are easier to stop. 

One that is used constantly now is cutting in and shooting to the far post. 90% of goals are scored like that in 24.  Its been worse since they made the cross crease goals harder to do. 

I know whatever happens they'll be glitch goals in 25 but at least have a few so not every game is the same. 

• I wouldn't really consider any of those goal scenarios to be glitches. That's just forwards getting into good scoring position. If real life players were able to get into such positions as often as you can in EA NHL, they'd be scoring plenty more.

I think the issue isn't so much goals going in due to an error in the game's code as much as it's defenders having a combo of not enough tools and not enough skill. If teams consistently allow forwards to get into the low slot, or leave players unmarked at the side of the net, you're gonna give up goals. That said, I also think it should be easier to more consistently engage in net battles, use your poke check/defensive skill stick without being stopped in your tracks, etc.

Defense definitely needs some help to bring the position more in balance with the forwards, but defenders also have to be willing to accept that, no, you didn't make the perfect play every single time. 

Stubo_NHL24
      Rising Rookie

Your last paragraph is spot on. Doesn't matter how good you are at defending, the offence always has the upper hand due to the game being unbalanced. 

EA_Aljo
        Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

I really don't think defense is unbalanced. I see why many feel that way though. Offense has a whole arsenal of dekes. Defense has poke checks, hitting, bumps, tie ups and just taking away time and space. Those skilled at defense know how to take advantage of good player switching and the defensive tools I mentioned to be successful.

admiral745
    Seasoned Traveler

Goals scored by an opposing team on their own goal, is quite frequent in 24, or if you are player locked, your own players score on your net and the goalie just flops or stands there. Yeah, there is a reason I stopped playing with player lock. I switch constantly as the AI can't figure out basic hockey sense. 

EA_Aljo

Those goals aren't glitches. They can be stopped with good defense. If you're letting your opponent skate into the slot for a good shot, that's more of a breakdown in defense. Regardless, you can find details on goalie improvements in the gameplay blog .

Stubo_NHL24
      Rising Rookie

Sorry mate but in my opinion any goal that is used over and over again with success would be classed as a glitch goal, a sweaty goal or whatever its called where you're from. 

23 had the wrap around 

24 has the cross crease and the far post goals. 

It may be possible to defend against on occasions but its how the goalie reacts.   Exploiting something that you know has the highest possibility of beating the goalie everytime and doing it continuously with success no matter what the player rating is, I'd call that a glitch goal.  I don't know all the lingo you guys use in the US/Canada to describe things, I try my best with the limited knowledge I have of ice hockey. I'm Scottish, we live and breathe football (soccer). I'm in a tiny minority here that has any interest in NHL gaming. 

I'm not trying to nit pick. Just curious/desperate to see if 25 is going to be better than 24.

EA_Aljo

Cross crease, far side, short side, these aren't glitches. Goalies could provide better coverage, I'll agree with that. Something like the puck phasing through the goalie would be considered a glitch. Not covering the post like their supposed to would also be in issue. I'm just saying, every year we have people claiming a goal is a glitch when it's really more about not recognizing your opponent is taking the same shot over and over again without defending it. A real team is going to look for holes in their opponent's defenses and exploit those. If there is a goal that's a legitimate glitch, we'll get it reported to the team for investigation.