Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Networking changes?

Have there been any updates or changes to the backend networking for NHL25? Are we still playing on AWS? Have any new servers been added or existing infrastructure upgraded? 

NYR224
    Seasoned Adventurer

I recommend keeping an eye on official EA announcements or checking the patch notes and community updates, as these will have the most comprehensive details on any upgrades or changes. As we literally don't know anything expext EA staff

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Not that I'm aware of. We'll need to wait and see, but if you've been experiencing lag/disconnects, that's something we should troubleshoot as we're not aware of any issues with the servers.

tagalogr
      Rising Novice

Chel online would be such a better experience if East and West players could play against eachother without the disadvantages of high ping 

• That is always gonna exist sadly.  When I play shooters with my West Coast people i'm either on their server or they are on mine.  The system in place for NHL works on finding the best possible server for majority of the players in the game.

• I haven't heard anything but I wouldn't expect some fantastical upgrade to their system. All I can recommend is having friends in the same region and using a wired connection.

About NHL 25 General Discussion

Discuss the latest news and game information around NHL 25 in the community forums.343 PostsLatest Activity: 11 minutes ago