Forum Discussion

8 years ago

How do you change work clothes?

My sim got a promotion and I want to change his work clothes. How do I do that?
  • Hello
    You can use cheats to edit the clothes.
    Type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas
    Press enter
  • @Jeansoo you can either play the co-worker and use the cheat the rosemow provided, or if you want him to remain unplayed you'll use that cheat but with the sim's ID. to find sim's ID use sims.get_sim_id_by_name (first name) (last name)
  • I can't figure this out for the life of me. I can sometimes get the Sim ID but only when in play mode. I can't get the IDs once Cas is open. Once I have the ID I have tried in Cas, play mode and via the manage households route to put in the full code (the code plus the ID) and nothing happens, no option to modify the work outfits. Can someone explain in more elementary terms, maybe with pictures? I understand how to cheat, how to modify in Cas and I can do this on random townies for all outfits except work attire and whatever random crap they wear at festivals but this seems to be much more sensitive and particular.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Tested this out. It worked, but for me, it didn't need the testingcheats to be enabled.
    leo3487
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Do you have any mod for testingcheats always on?
    PD MC Command Center also has an option for it, disabled by default
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "leo3487;c-16002443" wrote:
    Do you have any mod for testingcheats always on?
    PD MC Command Center also has an option for it, disabled by default

No, I do not use mods. I never have had mods in The Sims 4.
    Testingcheats cheat wasn't on. For me, only this cheat, traits.equip_trait and trait.remove_trait work without the testingcheats.
  • "rosemow;c-15612492" wrote:
    Hello
    You can use cheats to edit the clothes.
    Type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas
    Press enter

Sorry but how to edit the co worker's work uniform?
    One of my sims appeared as a chief at the police station WITH the Mic on his face as he was the former bouncer at the starlight hottest spot lounge before. I only want to remove it.
  • "taydev;c-16929490" wrote:
    @Jeansoo you can either play the co-worker and use the cheat the rosemow provided, or if you want him to remain unplayed you'll use that cheat but with the sim's ID. to find sim's ID use sims.get_sim_id_by_name (first name) (last name)

Thanks the point is microphone on while only inactive and no microphone on while active. It's like a magic. I'm currently playing 3 households in rotation and he is one of them. I had him get promoted up to the chief in detective career, then I had another sim got a job newly in detective career so that he can be charge of my chief sim, and the chief sim always put the bouncer microphone on while my detective sim is active.