Forum Discussion

Battle5612897
Seasoned Newcomer
21 days ago

NHL 26/Future Titles with TSN

Since the change from NBC to Generic in NHL 20, people wanted an authentic broadcasting experience, I like the new scoreboard change for now but in future NHL games we want a new authentic broadcasting from a real broadcasting partner. A perfect match is with TSN, TSN already livestreams IIHF events with the same modes in NHL 24 of the WJC, WC, and WWC. TSN also streams CHL games, and EA partner up with Bardown to add their jersey into the game and promote NHL 24, and EA brought in Cheryl Pounder from TSN to be the new color commentator. I will go through the modes/features that will positively help make the game feel more realistic and authentic.

Commentators:

We want new Commentators in the newer NHL games, James Cybulski was great but we need a new change, we already have Cheryl as the color commentator so it leaves one man to replace and be the new voice in NHL games. It's the legend himself, Gord Miller. He would be a fantastic addition to future games and will join greats as Jim Hughson, Gary Thorne, and Mike "Doc" Emrick in the EA NHL Series. You could also add regional commentators like Bryan Mudryk for Canadiens English Games or have Dennis Beyak for Jets games (for him it will be hard since he is retired). But at least if TSN is in NHl 26/Future Games, have Gord Miller as the main commentator.

Franchise Mode:

This is mostly for the social feed but have Bob McKenzie, Craig Button, Pierre Lebrun, Darren Dreger, and more to announce trades, signings, extensions, and even rumors. Have them do their draft rankings for the upcoming season to see what they predict what prospects, ponteinal, skills, and depth analysis, Even have regional reporters like John Lu for Winnipeg Jets news or Ryan Rishaug for Edmonton Oilers news, there is so much potential here in just the social feed. For Trade Deadlines have a cutscene/menu with James Duthie and the crew sitting in Studio 6 on their phones and computers updating and getting the latest trades/rumors so we can make our next moves. For a Free Agency Frenzy Mode, same with the Trade Deadlines but have a Top 50 UFA/RFA list presented like in RL, have a team logo next to a player when that team signs them. There so much more but I'll end it here.

Be A Pro:

If EA bring multiple seasons in the CHL and bring it into European Leagues. I want Bob McKenzie, Craig Button, and others to see me from my performance, leadership, awards, etc. To rank my player on their draft ranks to get the ideal to improve my draft stock or train better In a certain stat that I'm not good at, Bardown can also have their podcast in BAP as a replacement for James Radio Show, and have me get interview from either a generated interview or an actual interview from TSN, like if I'm playing in or against Edmonton have Ryan Rishaug interview me a question and depending the response it's either gonna be a positive/negative impact my team, teammates, management, and a cool new feature EA could add, the media and they can respond on the social feed with something like. Ryan Rishaug: Today before the game against EDM. Joe NHL said "We hope to win today and clinch a playoff spot and hopefully go all the way" sounds like Joe is very confident in his team and hopes to make the playoffs". At the end of BAP have someone on TSN say either I was one of the greatest/underrated/biggest bust/whatever players and if I should be in the HHOF on my career stats, awards, teams, etc. Yet again more I would talk about but that's it for BAP.

Etc.

Somethings to either if TSN is added, I hope for the commentating they don't mention X-Factors, it breaks immersion and realism, add that to HUT or WOC but not in Offline Modes.

Hope they bring back what they added in NHL 15 with NBC is when they used real footage of the arena or city from the sky or from outside the building.

For the scoreboard, keep it like what is in real life, from showing the lineups, to showing what tournament it is, the playoff score, and the animations when teams scored.

Final Notes:

This is my first post on the forums so sorry for my bad spelling or if you find something you can't understand. I am new here, and I hope to post new ideals here and have a chance to have EA see this and my future discussions and take it into considerations for future games. I Love Hockey like most of the community here is, I also have great Ideals for the future and I hope to share these Ideals to EA to make this game greater and greater every year.

Who would you want to be the new broadcasting package in NHL? ESPN? SportsNet? Bally Sports???

Let EA know.

• I think the hard part is the security length of contracts the NHL has with their broadcasts.  Like if there isn't a super long deal in place for broadcasting it might not be a good idea to add real  broadcasts.  I believe NBA 2K uses TNT and with the NBA moving on from them it will be interesting to see what NBA 2K26 will look like and/or be lacking.

But if I could have any real broadcasting it would be from the TNT group but getting people like Gretzky and such to add stuff to a video game would probably be really costly and maybe they have no interest in it.

But very solid write-up and ideas.  Thanks for the feedback.

hiperay
      Rising Rookie

I think that is always going to be an issue for the, as I often call it "forgotten child" of sports. Contracts are constantly switching over and getting a new announcer and new personalities for the game costs money. The game is selling probably a total of 1m copies (if that) and in the grand scheme of things, it's not a lot when you consider everyone and everything that you have to pay for from the people that make the game to the commentary people that are in it.  

admiral745
        Seasoned Traveler

True, cool idea, but the contracts could get messy really quick. I mean we saw some staff swap outs in the hockey broadcasting world this summer. 

• "James Cybulski was great..." 

Wow. That's the first time I've read/heard that opinion. I really dislike the commentary in the NHL games and have ever since they moved away from Doc and Eddie. 

EA_Aljo
      Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

People complained about Doc and Eddie too. I don't think we'll ever please everyone with commentators. We'll have to wait and see if they change in the future.

• People have been pushing for a TSN or HNIC crew for years...closest we got was Ray Ferraro between the benches.