Forum Discussion

LGRW71
Seasoned Newcomer
17 days ago

NHL CHEL 25

Has there been any gameplay discussions in regard to World CHEL this year? So far, all I've seen is talks about Franchise mode, deep dive into the new skate system, which looks promising, but really haven't seen much. I know were possibly going to see HUT discussion and The Hughes Brothers faceoff this week. Is it going to be the same as last year? 

I know it's a lot of questions to unpack, but if it was like it was last year, I feel like an opportunity was missed. Personally, and I hope the book doesn't get thrown at me, I believe the X-Factors should be used just for 3v3 play and have 6v6 have the customization like it was in NHL14. It would give a more authentic feel. 

Just my opinion...

• Hopefully information will come out before the 27th but if not I will gladly talk about all of what WoC has/hasn't changed.

mscud35
      Rising Rookie

That would be great! Do you work for EA? I love WOC so very interested to hear this info

EA_Aljo
        Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

KlariskraysNHL is one of our volunteer moderators as well as a member of the NHL Design Council. 

We'll have news on WoC as we get closer to launch. Soon as it's available, we'll get it posted here. You can also keep an eye on the EA Sports NHL X/Twitter channel.

LGRW71
    Seasoned Newcomer

If we don't hear anything by Friday, I'm open ears. I'm not going to play the entire "I've been playing since blah blah" card, but i feel like if the progression system was like it was in NHL14, this game would feel more rewarding. How you would earn points from Rookie to Legend, just had that rewarding factor and gave reason to grind the game out.

The X-Factors are a fun boost to that was added to the game, but it takes away from the feeling of griding out games. As well, have preset classes really takes away from it as well. Listen to me i sound like old man river's complaining lol.

To drive my point home, like I said above, keep the X-factors and preset classes for 3v3, eliminator and the arcade modes, and make 6v6 something close to like it was in NHL14, and have earning the X-factors something like how NBA2k19 had it or something. If you got like 50 Assists, you get tape to tape on bronze where it gives you like a +1 to passing. As it progresses through, you get up to a +5. I feel that would give more of an urge to want to grind out games.

Again, just my opinion.... don't hit me with the book to hard lol