Forum Discussion

2 days ago

Player evaluation

EA, really?

It was already glaringly obvious in NHL 24 that online games were biased in favor of opponents. And now? This isn't even funny anymore—it's just sad.

The fact that the game is full of bugs, has illogical physics, and nonsensical penalty calls seems like something you'll never fix... or perhaps you just don't see it. But what frustrates me the most is the clear advantage opponents have.

How is it possible that I play Drop-In 3v3, leading 3:0, with smooth passing, skating, and faceoffs—everything is working for me and my opponent. Then suddenly, in the last period, I lose 8:3 just because everything stops working. I become slow, can’t land body checks, my shots and passes go completely off target, even though my energy is full. Nothing in the game changes, and neither does the opponent’s gameplay. They barely get 15 shots, yet somehow score 8 ridiculous goals!

This is shameful, and don't tell me it's not happening! I’ve been playing NHL since 1996, every single release, and I’ve seen all the good and bad throughout the years.

This year’s NHL 25 will be my last. I’m done with NHL unless something major changes. I’m tired of paying full price for a game that feels like a $20 DLC. I’m returning NHL 25.

93eb88f6160adb85
      New Novice

Certainly not, it's hard to write, English is not my native language.  I've been playing nhl for a really long time and I notice a lot of details.  I am not a player who plays here and there.  My primary game is just nhl and I'm not a weak player.

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hello. Can you get me a video showing the difference between the first 2 periods and the 3rd? You can publish it through your console or put it up on YouTube and post a link to it in your response.

• When I play, I'll record more videos and upload them to YouTube. Then, I'll post the link under my comment. (It happens in about 4 out of 10 games.) I don't mean it in a bad way, even though my comment may sound harsh, but the frustration is quite high. Every year, I look forward to something revolutionary, but so far, there’s been nothing groundbreaking—from graphics to animations.

You added Ice-Q, wow, but only for offensive. In defense, the AI players are clueless and make the same mistakes as in previous years. I won't list everything, as there are already many posts on this forum about what’s worse and what needs to change. Yes, the hockey community is very small. I live in Slovakia (Central Europe), and every year, our community loses more members simply because the NHL game keeps getting worse and more expensive.

If the developers and the EA Canada team listened to people and worked with them, believe me, more and more people would start buying the game. The potential is definitely there.

EA_Aljo
      Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

There is nothing built into the game that forces only your team to play bad in the 3rd period. We'll need to review your videos to see if there are any issues.

About NHL 25 General Discussion

Discuss the latest news and game information around NHL 25 in the community forums.628 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago