Forum Discussion

BoredJason13
Rising Rookie
7 days ago

Player ratings

Was watching on YouTube the roster ratings for this year. I don’t get how Kyle MacLean is an overall 71, with 9 points & playing PK and 10 minutes of ice time, and Matt Rempe is an overall 77 with 2 goals and 1 assist with an avg of 6 minutes of ice time…. EA what are we doing?? There’s a ton of glaring issues for years with rosters and ratings but how can you get something so wrong?

• This is incredibly nitpicky (wonder what team you cheer for lol), but the overall complaint is still accurate - EA still doesn't do a lot of analysis for their ratings. Victor Hedman, someone whose defensive analytics have ranked among the worst defenders in the league for the past SEVERAL years, is tied for the highest defensive awareness rating among defensemen with a 93. It's gotten better over the years, but it's still a pretty significant issue.

In this case, I'd say it's more "Kyle MacLean" is underrated, rather than Rempe being overrated (although he's more deserving of a 76.) Most players who make NHL rosters get an immediate boost to be at least 74 minimum.

BoredJason13
      Rising Rookie

Oh completely agree! Haha why Sam Reinhart is a “playmaker” a season after 50+ goals is nuts to me. Morgan Reilly a TWD is another weird one too. The ratings sometimes just feel insulting to anyone with knowledge of the game