Forum Discussion

CircusAtari
Newcomer
3 hours ago

Questions About NHL 25 New/Updated Controls and Mechanics

l know first hand that NUX is a really really hard sell to prioritize on a AAA project and I can only imagine how hard it is to do so on a yearly release lol.

So, with the utmost empathy for that, I can't seem to find any resources with the mechanical differences in terms of gameplay from a user input perspective.

Like, to be more specific, my main questions are:

1. I assume Next Generation Vision Control is activated with the same input as regular Vision Control, is that accurate? Based on the deep dive, this is a contextual modifier (which seems cool), but I'm also curious if there is any way now to skate backwards with possession? Totally understandable if not and I think the button mapping trade off is a good one.
  2. Hitting is clearly different, but I'm struggling to land good hits again. In Skill Stick, are we back to the old scheme where you moved RS in relation to the intended hit direction, or is hit direction still determined by LS and the RS goes from down to up? If it's the former, it may be worth updating the control scheme webpage as it implies the latter (and also uses R3 which usually refers to the click in of the right stick, unless that is the new control for this): (https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-25/news/nhl-25-xbox-controls)
  3. When performing skill stick "Skill Based One Timers", does the player need to wind up the one timer, or can they just tap up on the stick in the timing window? Also, if the shot input is held and the player does not even attempt to time it, is the shot now nerfed? (Or rather, is there a way to take a one timer without the accuracy and power being impacted by the timing window?)

Thanks so much, and enjoying this years changes so far!

No RepliesBe the first to reply