Forum Discussion

Bahamuta
New Traveler
3 days ago

Still no news regarding Presentation and Franchise Deep dives...

The game is out in 11 days, and we still have nothing to care about. I understand they delayed the Gameplay trailer due to the tragedy, but it almost makes me feel like EA had nothing to show anyways. I will not be buying NHL 25, unless its goes on crazy sale and there is new stuff. I stopped buying NBA2k and Madden every year. Looks like its definitely time to just stick to NHL 24 or maybe go back to an older one on PS4.

jjbyrd04
    Seasoned Newcomer

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the only change to franchise mode is the menus. EA is notorious for overhyping, misleading, and false advertising. I've not bought the game since 21. I've played each iteration since with friends, but made a promise to never again give EA a dime unless they put real effort into franchise mode. Each year I tell myself to just see what they do, and I beg them to prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breath. 

kyl_35
    Seasoned Rookie

We are now past the “early” part of the schedule…

NYR224
    Seasoned Scout

I can totally see where you’re coming from. It’s frustrating that we’re this close to launch and still have nothing significant on Presentation or Franchise modes. The delayed gameplay trailer feels like more of a cover for the fact that there might not be much new to show in the first place. It’s almost like they’re just trying to scrape by with the bare minimum.

At this point, I can’t blame you for holding off on NHL 25 unless there’s a deep discount or something truly worthwhile. 

Hester147
    Seasoned Rookie

I'm convinced the whole Dev team got laid off .I can't understand what they were thinking with this release. They can't even market the game beyond hut and preorders at this point because they have nothing substantial to market. Someone screwed up big time 

EA_Aljo
      Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

This really isn't the case. We still have a dev team and they're very busy getting ready for launch. More news will be coming on the way to release.

100pVRX
        Seasoned Novice

I’m thinking that now isn’t the time to be “busy getting ready for launch”. That’s what the team should be doing months in advance. Sounds more like scrambling than getting ready.