Forum Discussion

EA_Aljo
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
3 hours ago

Update on Matchmaking

The EA SPORTS NHL team is actively listening to community concerns and is prioritizing the investigation of WOC matchmaking issues. We are consistently releasing tuning updates to improve the experience, and we're closely monitoring their impact. Today, we've released an update specifically aimed at addressing high ping games. We appreciate your patience and support during this time. 

• Appreciate the update.  

Don't take this the wrong way, but we had a matchmaking system in place for years that addressed all of the current community concerns with the current system.  Explicitly allowing clubs to set their own criteria allowed teams to get the games they want and have control over how long they were willing to wait for them.

Why was the decision made to take agency away from the players and switch to a system that doesn't produce games any faster because teams are backing out of matches that don't meet the criteria they want?  What's the upside?

Terrifrik61
    Seasoned Novice

Tune the tap tap tap skate skate skate garbage.     It’s a stupid game of trading breakaways.   Wake up.  That’s not hockey 

Lehockeyyy
    Seasoned Novice

Not sure what happened and how we went from effortlessly finding matches to it being painfully long. We all paid a great deal to get online and play. I don't see what the hangup is. I can't name one other title I own that has all the issues we encounter here

Steeler8820
      Seasoned Newcomer

Very well saidLehockeyyy 

It’s absolutely insane how poor the NHL release is every year. You’d think it would continuously improve. Learn from mistakes year over year. 

Every year they show what a massive disappointment this franchise really is. Top down, embarrassment. 

• Can't find a match via World of Chel or Online Versus. Yet HUT gets all the attention year in and year out. It makes me believe this game was not tested properly at all. 

kKOV27
    Seasoned Traveler

does the update also add the matchmaking settings? Like to be able to put on exact? because we can't right now

About NHL 25 General Discussion

Discuss the latest news and game information around NHL 25 in the community forums.542 PostsLatest Activity: 6 days ago