Forum Discussion

hevosenpieru
Newcomer
3 hours ago

URGENT: CPU aggression & hitting needs to be toned down

I don't come here lightly saying something is totally "broken" but the CPU aggressiveness is way off the mark, to the extent I have difficulty enjoying the game at all. It has never been like this before. I toned CPU aggression down to 0/100, and CPU still averages 20 hits per period with 7 minute periods. I repeat, with aggression toned down to 0/100, CPU is putting up like 70 hits per game. This is clearly wrong and should be addressed immediately. Regardless of game speed, skating speed or hitting power, the CPU players are constantly rushing at you with one objective: laying out the body. It's the only thing they know. Even in your own zone it's hard to make simple passing plays without being demolished. And if you manage to get to the offensive zone, good luck trying using the ICE-Q when you have five opposing players doing one thing and one thing only: hitting, hitting and hitting. Again, with CPU aggression slider at ZERO. This needs to be addressed ASAP and I hope people experiencing the same issue can share their thoughts below. I play offline season mode and have never experienced this issue to this extent in decades of playing NHL video games. 

• I've played only SB in single player, and it's fairly noticeable. I think it has more to do with the game difficulty than actual AI player qualities.  AI is super aggressive on defence. Theyre super fast even backskating, and they hit hard and often. They almost always win board play even if you have 2 against 1 (and like previous years, they suck you in it, whether you want it or not). The AI team has 30 odd hits per game logged, their passing percentage is 90%+. They almost always intercept your passes when you try some on the offensive zone, if you try to deke they just maul you as soon as you try it, or the puck just leaps from your stick to them. Might not bother really. They read your new L2 movement pretty well, it's doesn't really work against them, because they're so fast and aggressive. I could go on, but you know how it goes.

Fun times, I only play one or two SB game for practice, that's it. Oh and your goalies cant' catch anything and the AI goalie is a god. And all AI teams have Tkachuk🙃