Forum Discussion

jerseytide
Seasoned Rookie
3 hours ago

What Full Presentation Means and Why We Need It

Ok first off, I am an offline, GM mode only player. And I have to say I like some of the improvements made this year. The graphics are better, there are finally some new goalie masks, and with some tweaking I think I have the gameplay settings in a good place that feels both fun and authentic.

However, all of this only makes it more obvious that we need FULL presentation back in this game. What do I mean by full? I don't think it needs to look exactly like you're watching on TV, I think it needs to feel like you're actually at the game.

• Longer introductions - players skating out of the tunnel, fans cheering, every team having the same advanced projections that only a few do in this game. Also, no one hands out glowsticks, there has to be something else they can be doing.
  • Or the option to use the ones that were made for create-a-team.
  • Goalie spotlights at the start of the game, showing them clearing their crease and their stats.Longer and more frequent cutscenes in between whistles. Fans reacting, players skating around or to the bench. Not like a TV timeout, just what they actually do before the puck drops again.
  • The crowd actually following the game. And not every game is a sellout.
  • 32 authentic goal songs. I've never seen a single person say they liked the soundtrack since like 2006? That money could go toward making this happen instead.
  • Or if you don't want to do that, can we at least pick our own goal song like you can for created teams? The ones in use right now are not great.
  • Skating back into the tunnels at the intermission.
  • 3 stars of the game afterward, even if it's being shown in the background as the broadcasters are signing off.
  • All of this skippable for those who aren't interested, but for all of us who have been asking, this would make a world of difference.

Every other sports franchise is moving toward this. There have been multiple 100 page plus threads on this forum about it. It's been in the game in the past. I understand why it was removed but that was 3 years ago now. And somehow, the already short cutscenes feel even shorter this year, like they tried to cut an extra half second off. Every game has good graphics now so the new trend is immersion, making it feel like you're there. Except in the case of NHL. Which is why we continue to make lengthy threads about the subject year after year. But it doesn't have to be that way.

I don't know about anyone else but that's what I mean by full presentation, and some of this should not be an impossible ask because it was either already in the game or does not seem hard to add into the game. Offline/franchise got some love this year and I am grateful for that. But since the question always comes up what we mean by full presentation, here you go.

P.S. This is not related but the Utica Comets are now abbreviated UTC, not UTI, for reasons. Ok thanks.

• I totally agree! Look at NHL 15 and the introduction by Doc and Eddie! NHL 2002 had game story as a feature. 

Like the new addition with the coaches reactions when the opositing team scores goals or the team get a penalty.