Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Anyone else "exhausted" of GOH after the Thrawn event?

I used to play this game every single day, logging in multiple times day. Never was a "power-player", just someone who enjoyed playing for the sake of playing. I find myself now after this last event...tired, i guess, of playing. That last event.... having to scramble to star and gear five toons in a set amount of weeks, only to probably never use them again definitely didn't make me feel proud of the Thrawn accomplishment. Then I realized that I actually have a number of toons that are great to level up and use, however, they are all sitting at lvl 1. Han Solo, Yoda, R2, and now Thrawn are all sitting at the bottom because it seems like I never have time to focus on ONE character before the next one comes out that peaks my interest.

The story would go, new toon(s) come out, gear them to about 7-8,(exhausting gear supplies) level them to about 70 (exhausting training droid supplies), then the next new character announcement comes out, and said character sits in mediocrity standing for an undetermined amount of time. (Which is exactly where all the Phoenix chars. sit now)

I would LOVE to try someone like Gar Saxon out in Arena but I just can't see myself devoting time and resources to a toon that bottom line would be just "for the fun of it", or experimentation while another comes along that's supposed to be a "game changer", needing me to focus my efforts on them instead.
So i guess this is "character fatigue", right? Doing the same song and dance over and over again every two months. With no new core game-play being added and ships seemingly being deserted, I'm at the point now where I just don't care as much about the game anymore.

Anyone else feel the same?
  • Yup, drained all my resources and only managed to get him to 6*.
  • Not really, no.

I'm high on Phoenix Squad and don't mind farming and gearing them. But I didn't for this event. Think I got them all to 4*, but the gear and levels weren't good enough to win past 3*.

So once I hit that wall I moved onto different things. I'm still farming them to 7*, although I'll take a break between Ezra and Hera to farm mods for a while. I'll get Thrawn next time. No mess, no stress.
  • Not sure why my post was "silently moved" to this character feedback forum.
    My post was a question posed to the community, and doesn't reflect on any one character. It's a post regarding a state of mind and asking if there are other minds that feel the same. Unless this move was based on the general idea of character fatigue, (which is a stretch) I really don't understand why I am here now.

So now this topic is in a forum that sees considerable less views than the General Discussion where it originated. Are you scared that I might be on to something, EA/CG?
  • There's enough difference between 5* and 6* in shards needed (and gear expected) that they could have relaxed the timeframe by several days or even a week and made it less maddening.

I agree about too many toons sitting in mediocrity - and I would actually be okay wth that, but the game is set up so you actually need those toons for character mod challenges and events and on and on. I suppose the day I win my first Assault Battle I'll be happy, but I don't even plan for those at all. It's not like I try to win them. I'd like to make it easier to get over the Mk3 Holo hump that kills so many toons at around gear7. It would be nice if I could actually see some of my stuck toons in action.

Part of the effect of consigning so many toons to g7/level 60-70 is that you really have to take it on faith that other people know what they're talking about when they tell you that a toon that helped you a ton at player level 65 won't be important at pl75 and will be obsolete by pl85. With resources so scant compared to the number of toons you're expected to level & gear for all challenges and events, you tend to take the advice of others and the game sees less experimentation, fewer novel strategies.

The flash events are okay in the sense that they are one more source of gear, but they are also maddening with the very short time frames and the inability to sim them, and the long, long time it can take to do tier 3 (the only one with Mk3 Holos). Seriously, it can take 8 minutes to fight through tier 3 one time. Doing that 4 or 5 times a day just isn't possible. I might sometimes make a point of doing all of them in a day, if it wasn't just to get RNG-distributed gear. At g9, people get stuck on stun cuffs, I get it. And I don't mind collecting them. But there are 4 mod challenges I still need to beat, and that means 20 characters stuck on Mk3 Holos because you can win those challenges at g9, but not at g7.

TWENTY characters stuck on one piece of gear - and that's not even counting my better toons that also need them.

So, yeah, the lack of progress in the toons you actually have combined with a frantic scramble to mediocrity (again - six more characters sitting at level 70) for new toons is exhausting. Like you, Galahax, I find myself much less interested in the game since the way the Thrawn event was handled.

But whatevs. If this feeling continues, I'll never see Jedi Luke, I'll just stop playing. If it doesn't, maybe I'll be scrambling for Jedi Luke in a month or two. Who knows.
  • "Galahax;c-1149097" wrote:
    Not sure why my post was "silently moved" to this character feedback forum.

It should have been put into Event Feedback, tbh.

Regardless, this is where you WANT your thread to be--it means it'll get read. They can't possibly read every thread in General Discussion, and, frankly, who would want to? Most of those are garbage threads by pissbabies. Feedback gets fewer views by dumb-dumbs, but more views from people who are important, and better-quality views.