Forum Discussion

DarthCha0s13
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

Pathways for KAM

KAM was the TB reward for LS Geo which debuted in late 2019. By the time guilds are prepared to get a decent amount of shards from the KAM mission, it is probably more advantageous for them to do ROTE instead. This leaves the only real avenue to get KAM shards as via GET3 currency. Due to the high shard cost, it would take more than a year of using all GET3 currency to get a max KAM with no pathway to accelerate quicker. Compare this to Conquest units who can be earned passively later through Proving Grounds or the Hoth TB units who can farmed via the Galactic Bounties events.

To some degree, Wat is in a similar situation. However, early-mid game players and guilds would do DS Geo TB as part of the natural game progression as the Wat mission can easily be done with g12 units.

As both a request and a suggestion, have a Legacy event that rewards KAM and Wat shards. While these shards could come back as a Galactic Bounties, it would be great to be able to play the original Geo missions with similar (or higher) requirements so players could earn these legacy rewards. Similar to Proving Grounds, the cadence could be once every four weeks that awards 20 shards and limited refreshes for crystals.
  • I would love to see it. For some reason KAM is some kind of sacred cow to CG and always has been. I really don't understand it since KAM is by no means a roster-changing character. He's got some great utility and ranks as one of the better Jedi but he's certainly not a game changer and (thankfully) isn't required for anything.

I don't think your comparison works though. This is more on par with farming Mal/Nego with GET2 or Hoda/Wampa with GET1. I've just come to accept that GET3 isn't going to be a thing for me until I get KAM at 7*. It was the same story with the other toons I mentioned. I do think the KAM shards are priced too high for GET3 - but I don't see CG changing that. I'm honestly not sure why they value KAM so highly. If you weren't in a KAM focused guild before RotE came along, he's now harder to get than a GL - and arguably harder to get than Reva - all while giving you far less return on your investment.
    LendersQuiz
    Rising Newcomer
    "herd_nerfer;c-2432682" wrote:
    not a game changer and (thankfully) isn't required for anything.

• "LendersQuiz;c-2432820" wrote:
    "herd_nerfer;c-2432682" wrote:
    not a game changer and (thankfully) isn't required for anything.

My words... immortalized in a Simpsons meme. It's beautiful :'(
  • KAM event is ridiculously harder to play than the WAT event. And for some reason, getting 5 shards of him is just as much as getting 5 shards of CAT, which is a much better character than him. That makes absolutely no sense. It is rare to see him on people’s roster. I don’t understand why they made it so hard to get him.
  • I buy 5 shards once per rote. Will get there in several years, once he ultimately becomes useless. Could not care less about him.
    DarthCha0s13
    Seasoned Newcomer
    @crzydroid @Ultra
    Why did this get moved off of General Discussions? It had nothing to do with KAM’s kit and aligns with other accessibility and rewards conversations that are currently in General Discussions.