Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Review of Tarkin and Zeta suggestions.

The Tarkin rework has been a very under rated one so far. His usage has remained minimal despite him being a premier empire talent. The Tarkin lead fast DeathTrooper comp along with the Krennic lead Tarkin and slower TFP comp have both breathed life back into top end empire comps along with the SA-zader comps that existed before this rework.

There are a few problems left though that the devs should address. Why go through the trouble to do this whole rework for only 17 people to use him. The main issues stem from his below-sub-par zeta's. I haven't used either but it is sort of accepted as fact that they are useless. The problem with the empire remains their lack luster speed. (This is actually a much bigger problem than missing a cleanser.) Tarkin's lead only really levels the playing field. It doesn't really set them ahead at all making empire a poor option for those that don't have top end mods on their shard. To fix his zeta lead it should probably be updated to plus 2 speed and an additional 2 speed for each empire ally. It would open up the empire to more players. The second update is instead of expose it should inflict irresistible daze. This would be much more helpful vs the myriad of Rex teams that are haunting the arena right now. It would also match up better with Tarkin's skill set. Tarkin has become a premier TMR toon, that is probably where he excels most. That is where his second zeta could use another buff. His potency stacking is fairly useless. It helps his survivability but doesn't nothing to his damage or ability to land debuffs. Thus I would add to that zeta inflict Stagger to target enemy when damage is dealt. It would be helpful to add specific TMR reduction in key toons instead of just spamming the whole battle field.

I think even the biggest fans would admit his zeta's are useless and this would help his usage rate. Tarkin has allowed the empire to step past the base resist that has plagued the empire since the rise of the triple cleanse. DT and Tarkin-TFP don't need to bother with the base resist chance that makes them far more effective. Their odds of hitting all 5 toons is 90 percent (because of base dodge) vs a 100 percent opening moved being reduced to 40 percent to hit all 5( base dodge plus base resist). It was a great rework and he is a great/misunderstood toon. So let's not waste this great rework and give him some real zeta's.
  • I do believe that Tarkin is much, much better and he is a hero that should now be considered in Empire squads and tmr teams.

You nailed it with his zetas. I think both are lackluster--Especially his leader. I am irritated that the +2 speed of the final level won't be an option for me because his attaching expose is so terrible. There are too many heals to make it even a realistic damage dealing addition. I have no idea why expose was added for the hefty cost of zeta materials. This isn't worth a zeta and, sadly, my tarkin will forever +28 instead of +30 and that is a bummer.
  • Tarkin seems a decent additional option for a haat p3 squad. I run chirpatine first but run teebotie after. Throw on tarkin and 2 tanks and just pray that rngesus keeps the gun and b2 off my toe and tarkin lol. Haven't maxed tarkin out yet but the ability mats are coming as I get them lol.
  • I wouldn't call him premier. He is way to dependent on having Drennic alongside him, and how many people own Krennic or are even able to farm him. Most premier toons are good no matter who you use them with, or at least don't require specific toons to be good, not great. Great I don't think he can be no matter who you use him with.

Also there are at least 20 toons better than him in the game, probably more than 30, and I don't think he is even a top 5 empire toon. True I only have him level 80 and g9(waiting for 20 callers to make him g10) and maybe he is a late bloomer, but for now my level 66 g8 DT at 6* is a way better toon that Tarkin at 7*, and most of my other level 80 toons are better than him, even at g8 or g7..

But I admit it is an intriguing idea using him alongside EP TF and 2 out of RG SF or STHan for P3 HAAAT.
  • "danflorian1984;c-1112971" wrote:
    I wouldn't call him premier. He is way to dependent on having Drennic alongside him, and how many people own Krennic or are even able to farm him. Most premier toons are good no matter who you use them with, or at least don't require specific toons to be good, not great. Great I don't think he can be no matter who you use him with.

Also there are at least 20 toons better than him in the game, probably more than 30, and I don't think he is even a top 5 empire toon. True I only have him level 80 and g9(waiting for 20 callers to make him g10) and maybe he is a late bloomer, but for now my level 66 g8 DT at 6* is a way better toon that Tarkin at 7*, and most of my other level 80 toons are better than him, even at g8 or g7..

But I admit it is an intriguing idea using him alongside EP TF and 2 out of RG SF or STHan for P3 HAAAT.

The reason Tarkin is actually much better than you are giving him credit for are the squads he makes possible. There is no other way to get DT passed 270 speed or to have somebody debuff the whole enemy under Krennic lead without procing Rex's TM. I wouldn't say there are 20 better toons than him. I think this rework put him solidly past EP in arena right now which is a pretty big feat.